Microsoft 70-687 advice testing this week

zeldamikezeldamike Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,
I am testing for the MS 70-687 exam on Thursday 4/9 and I wanted to see if anyone had some last minute study tips, or ideas on what to hit the hardest before the exam. I have purchased the voucher with the second shot so I could get a "free" look at the test. I've been using the Exam Ref 70 687 Configuring Windows 8 book as well as reviewed some pluralsight videos. I have also taken some practice tests using measureup. particular I was wondering if there were sections/features that were stressed hard in the test.
Thanks all

Edit: Also this is my first MS certification test.

Comments

• omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
  • zeldamikezeldamike Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Unfortunately no I did not. There were several questions that just broadsided me I made a 570 out of the required 700 to pass.
  • zeldamikezeldamike Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will be retaking toward the end of this month thanks to the free second shot.
  • Rich23UKRich23UK Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What would you say are the areas that broadsided you?

I'm currently studying for this exam and would like an idea of areas that are perhaps not covered much in the books/videos that came up in the test.

Fingers crossed you pass next time. :)
  • hill.ithill.it Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, I am soon taking this exam. I took the 70-680 Windows 7 version and suffered the same fate. There were a lot of questions not covered by the source material. It's hard to explain but I seemed to get a lot of very picky questions such as specific powersehll syntaxes, case scenarios, Choose 7 our of 15 and put them in order etc. The whole exam I found quite tough and was the only exam in my life that I have ever failed.

Rich, I'm based near you are you studying with a training provider in Devon or self studying? I used to study with computeach but after a few bad experiences e-mails being ignored and not followed up etc I am purchasing the materials and paying for the exams myself.
  • baboontesterbaboontester Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hill.it wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am soon taking this exam. I took the 70-680 Windows 7 version and suffered the same fate. There were a lot of questions not covered by the source material. It's hard to explain but I seemed to get a lot of very picky questions such as specific powersehll syntaxes, case scenarios, Choose 7 our of 15 and put them in order etc. The whole exam I found quite tough and was the only exam in my life that I have ever failed.

You hit the nail on the head.. I took the Windows 7 exam and failed. Taking the Windows 8 70-687 next month.