Next up JNCIS-ENT

StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
After passing JNCIA exam last week, next 1 is JNCIS-ENT.

Has anyone done this and how was the exam?
2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
LinkedIn

Comments

• pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
    I recently took this exam and it's pretty easy if you have experience with the topics and read the two PDFs from their fast track program. Do you work with Juniper hardware a lot? If not, I would suggest getting the CCNP first since Cisco has more study materials.
  • StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    I work a lot with Juniper SRX firewalls. I'm actually getting a EX2200 switch from Juniper for free but going to ask the account manager if she can't give me the actually education study guides that they provide when you attend the official training class
    LinkedIn
  • brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Regardless of your experience with SRX I'll recommend two books from O'Reilly: "Juniper Enterprise Routing" and "Juniper Enterprise Switching". The books are extremely helpful if you're going for JNCIS-ENT.
    And of course I'll recommend a lot of labbing on Olives or real gear.
  • hatchhatch Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    brombulec wrote: »
    Regardless of your experience with SRX I'll recommend two books from O'Reilly: "Juniper Enterprise Routing" and "Juniper Enterprise Switching". The books are extremely helpful if you're going for JNCIS-ENT.
    And of course I'll recommend a lot of labbing on Olives or real gear.

This is the material you get from the class. I would highly recommend it and the labs that come with it. I took this test less then 2 weeks ago and passed. What I had the hardest time with is security, and bgp. The OSPF stuff isn't that hard just be sure you understand the election process, and lsa types. I only missed 3 questions, and 2 had to do with BGP. It's not a hard test, but you will fail if you don't study properly.
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For the JNCIS-ENT, you can download the actual education study guides they provide in the official training classes from Juniper's FastTrack website.

https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_fasttrack_home.aspx
    Thanks for info guys.

Zoid I fancy that JNCIE SEC and SP :)
    LinkedIn
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good Luck Staunchy! I'm fixin' to take this exam after JNCIS-SEC. Looking forward to watching your progress.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    snadam wrote: »
    Good Luck Staunchy! I'm fixin' to take this exam after JNCIS-SEC. Looking forward to watching your progress.

Thanks dude. I like working with Juniper kit however their study material isn't as good as Cisco's. Wanted to write my exam on Friday but have to postpone it as I have to go for Dell training on Friday icon_rolleyes.gif I hate having to get all the vendor's entry level certs for partner status because it is holding me up from going for CCNP

How is the study material for JNCIS-SEC and when are you planning on writing? I might do JNCIS-SEC before I tackle CCNP R&S
    LinkedIn
    Agreed. Cisco Material>Juniper Material. It just doesn't have the same demand as Cisco material. I don't think there are many books out there, let alone good ones for MOST of their exams. Fast Track and official courseware seem the way to go (and lots of labs). For me I am using the official courseware that came with my 4-day training, fast track, and 2x SRX100s in my lab. It's not Cisco material, but it will do. I feel its pretty accurate, with maybe a few topics missing that supplemental books/experience will cover.

I usually don't announce when I take exams to avoid adding unnecessary pressure on myself; so lets just say some time next month :)

A co-worker/buddy of mine took his JNCIS-ENT exam last week and passed. He thought the material he used was fairly good (he had a 5 day course with official courseware and the fast track material). I am pondering sitting the JNCIS-ENT in between CCNP/JNCIP.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress! I will try and do the same!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

JNCIS-ENT booked for Wednesday morning :)
    LinkedIn
  • wizkid01wizkid01 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesomeness I passed JNCIS-ENT with 75%. Not too bad of exam got romped a bit on IS-IS amd BGP so will have to go study it a bit more
    LinkedIn
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Congrats man! Been waiting a few days to hear the good news!

hopefully you got to celebrate drunken_smilie.gif

If only just with my luck I got sick yesterday the day I would write my exam....
    LinkedIn
  • pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
    Sorry to hear that you got sick, but congrats on passing the exam! Now you just need to move it from Goals to Finished on your sig.
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

JNCIP-ENT next? :)
    zoidberg wrote: »
    Congrats!

JNCIP-ENT next? :)

Not yet maybe early next year, 1st going back to CCNP R&S want to try finish it before the old exams expire. However I am attending JNCIS-SEC class 1st week of September which I am looking forward to
    LinkedIn
    Staunchy wrote: »
    Not yet maybe early next year, 1st going back to CCNP R&S want to try finish it before the old exams expire. However I am attending JNCIS-SEC class 1st week of September which I am looking forward to

I did my class at Dynamic Worldwide Training. I had a great experience, even though I felt they crammed a ton of info in 4 days. If it was anything like my experience, you should like it.

good luck with CCNP! I am gonna sit this version out and focus on the new one.

• jamacouevjamacouev Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey bud

I see you also from SA

So what do you suggest coming from JNCIA to JNCIS-ENT
    jamacouev wrote: »
    Hey bud

I see you also from SA

So what do you suggest coming from JNCIA to JNCIS-ENT

The JNCIS-ENT is a mix between CCNA and CCNP. What does your daily work entail? If you got experience with dynamic routing you will be fine.

Do you work in Midrand? If so I think I have an idea for which company.
    LinkedIn
    Is there any way to get JNCIP-ENT books or pdf's for free?
    Super late reply but yeah I am in midrand, three6five.