A+ ce ?

xauthxauth Banned Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed my A+ on the 12th and it says I passed the requirements for the A+ce (continuing education)
What exactly does this mean? I thought it was just the A+ certification, is there any difference with the CE A+?
Does this mean I'm still certified or do I have to do something more here?
Any info on this is much appreciated, thanks.

***EDIT***
Nevermind I figured it out.

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CE = Continuing Education
    CompTIA Continuing Education Program
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • xauthxauth Banned Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been reading up on it, but I thought that taking the 220-801 and 802 and passing gives you just your A+ certification, not your A+ CE.
    I don't recall ever enrolling for CE and this wouldn't look good to an employer I'd imagine because of it being continuing education still and not just certified.
    How do I go about renewing my A+ if I don't have any CEU's to renew it?
  • TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There are various ways to renew it, taking classes, retaking the A+ and taking a higher level cert (Net+ or Sec+).
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • xauthxauth Banned Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, yeah I just figured that out a while ago.
  • DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    Regardless you are A+ certified, my certification says the same. I think once CompTIA incorporated the 3 year renewal, they have instituted CE credits that goes towards renewing your certification.
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
  • ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    I'm pretty sure the A+ CE is to distinguish between those that are lifetime certified and those that recertify every three years.