Question about MCSA Windows 8

RedGaiterRedGaiter Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm about to start my Microsoft Certification studies, and was looking at MCSA: Server 2012, but then I noticed the MCSA: Windows 8. So I'm just wondering how valuable the Windows 8 certification is, and how should I know if I should start there or go straight for Server 2012 studying? I've been a windows user my whole life, and use 8 on my home pc.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    What is your objective by certifying. Are you looking to improve your current skills or perhaps venture into a new area, such as going from desktop to servers. This may help guide suggestions.
  • RedGaiterRedGaiter Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well right now I'm working as Helpdesk support in an Apple Office. I'm not particularly happy about working Helpdesk support in an Apple office, but it's my first full-time IT job, and I was just happy to take it at the time. I really wanna get back into Microsoft ASAP because it's what I'm accustomed to using and working on. I'm very comfortable using Windows XP, 7, and 8. But my ultimate goal is to move from Helpdesk to Jr Sys admin or Sys admin.