Stanley CC Class August - Oct 2014

AeternaAeterna Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Starting a new thread for the next class,

I just received my notification for enrolling in the class for Aug 19th - Oct 7th, woohoo. Was on the wait list since March 3rd, had honestly completely forgotten about it until I received the email. Impeccable timing though, should have just finished my CCNA before the class starts.

Anyone else received notification?

Comments

• shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    I just checked and I received it as well, signed up for the wait list at the end of February.

Really excited to start the class.
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • CrocrodelCrocrodel Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I received it as well. Signed up around March.

Looking forward to starting it and the timing is perfect as I want to get my CCNA Voice in August and get more virtualization experience before going down the CCNP Voice route.
  • APJAMESAPJAMES Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does it say whether its 5.1 or 5.5?
  • CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    I was notified this morning as well. I recall signing up on the waiting list and had completely forgotten about it until this email. Does any know if it's 5.1 or 5.5
    That's a good question not sure if it will be based on 5.1 or 5.5.
    2017 Goals:
    APJAMES wrote: »
    Does it say whether its 5.1 or 5.5?

I will reply to the email i received this morning and will let everyone know once i find out. II'm betting it was for 5.5
    shyguyIT wrote: »
    That's a good question not sure if it will be based on 5.1 or 5.5.

The course is based on ESXi 5.1, and vCenter Server 5.1
    Good to know thanks
    2017 Goals:
  • pandoso360pandoso360 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could you guys post your experiences on this course?:D
    Im really looking forward to join Stanly CC, but i registered mid June so maybe it'll be my turn until next year.
    Has anyone received another email after filling out the form about how to make a payment?
    Not yet. I received another e-mail stating that the class was almost full and that an e-mail containing the payment details should be received after a week or so. That was on the 17th.
  • jleydon82jleydon82 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Darn. No e-mail yet. I registered first week of April and since people on this thread had been queued since February I guess I will hope for the next session!
  • txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I received an email as well. I signed up sometime in March. I'm looking forward to this course!
    Guys, just a quick heads up: I've just received my credentials along with further instructions. Payment must be received until July 28th in order to remain on the class list.
  • anywhoanywho Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the same email for payment. I signed up in March. So glad I got in!
  • NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I also received an email today. I was put on the wait-list on April 15th

Edit: I guess I should say it was the first email asking me to register.
    O
    /|\
    / \
    I got my email yesterday and have made my paymenticon_cheers.gif
  • AeternaAeterna Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah just made my payment too looking forward to it!! icon_cheers.gif
    Aeterna wrote: »
    Yeah just made my payment too looking forward to it!! icon_cheers.gif

Will you be purchasing the book from their bookstore as well?
  • AeternaAeterna Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CIO wrote: »
    Will you be purchasing the book from their bookstore as well?

I'll probably be purchasing Scott Lowe's book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mastering-VMware-vSphere-Scott-Lowe/dp/1118661141

I read through a couple of the other course threads and it seems like the way to go. I'm based in the UK so not sure if I can get their specific book.
  • jleydon82jleydon82 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Received my invite as well. I signed up in April and missed the first round of updates but I guess due to people not being able to commit I was invited in. Not sure if I am on the final roster or how that all works but I made my payment and I am ready to go!

I have been reading the Scott Lowe 5.5 book although not 5.1 it should still be a great resource. I am planning to also buy the course book and have gone through other online 5.0/5.1 and 5.5 training.
  • APJAMESAPJAMES Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are there still places being offered for the August course? I signed up in April and would love to do it in August, will there be a 2nd class, I seem to remember lots of extra places being offered on the last round?
    I have yet to receive any emails about making a payment. Did I miss something after the initial registration email?
    O
    /|\
    / \
    Payment made ready for class icon_thumright.gif
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone received any additional info after making your payment?
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is anyone having issues trying to log on? The sites keep loading, then just stops. I have tried firefox and IE and both have the same issue. Anyway i contacted the lady from Stanley.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
    txraider09 wrote: »
    Has anyone received any additional info after making your payment?

No, not yet. I can't wait to start and plan on taking the VCP exam in December
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    w00t w00t got a email. a few slots opened up for the class and I can take the class!
  • bgold87bgold87 Member Posts: 112
    Just got an email a bit ago that 25 slots opened up and the first 25 to register are in the August - October class.
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    I got into this class as well. Been on the waiting list since March.