Need help for vrrp protocols in cisco packet tracer

ELIF_ELIF_ Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hello, I reeally need help and I don't have so much time to finish my project.This is a part of my project, I used ospf rouiting protocols while configuring other routers. I don't know how to configure VRRP protocolS.Is there anybody who can help me to configure the main and redundant router?

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I read that VRRP isn't used with Packet Tracer but after version 6.0, HSRP is used.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Whether or not Packet Tracer supports VRRP... I'm not really too sure.
    I'm not going to do your homework for you, but the basic setup is:

(config-if)#vrrp <group> description <text>
    (config-if)#vrrp <group> <ip address>

You can tune it to your own liking with priority settings, preemption, authentication, object tracking, timers, etc...

You be the judge.

Here is a link with specific details that you can use for reference.

First Hop Redundancy Protocols Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS Release 12.4 - Configuring VRRP [Cisco IOS Software Releases 12.4 Mainline] - Cisco

Good luck with your project. Looks pretty, and that's half the battle lol.

You may have gotten more response if this thread was underneath one of the Cisco sub-forums.
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
  • mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ELIF_ELIF_ Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the links but I am really confused and I can't do the rouiting between main router and redundant router track because track commands area invalid. Could you please help me?Is there anyone who can send me a picture of configuration commands ? icon_rolleyes.gif
    Heyy I really need your help too much please someonehelp me icon_sad.gif
  • MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    ELIF,

I checked my copies; version 5.33 does not include VRRP commands, PT 6 does have HSRP. If running 5x, you'll need to update to version 6 for router redundancy support.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
    I use packet tracer 6.0.1 version but I can't configure the routers..Now I only need HSRP commands.Can you please help me?This is the last part and I am going to finish my project after hsrp configurations.

I think that hsrp commands aren't invalid with serial interfaces so I changed the topology.
  • MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    Configuration depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Googling for "hsrp packet tracer" brings up some good tutorials/videos. You are correct, HSRP can't be setup on WAN interfaces.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
    I used ospf interface cost commands and it's okey now.Thank you :) But I still can't do the configuration a switch between two routers