Need Help MSc(CS) or CCIE(RS)

mohit_Indiamohit_India Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
HELLO TECHEXAMS.NET MEMBERS,

MY NAME IS MOHIT AND I'M FROM INDIA... I JUST COMPLETED MY BSc(CS) DEGREE FROM CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY... I AM LITTLE CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT MSc(CS) OR CCIE(RS) TO GET A GOOD JOB... I HAVE JUST FEW DAYS TO DECIDE...
PLEASE HELP ME... PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK...

THANK YOU...

Comments

• Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Certifications are very valuable but so is a college degree. If I were you, I'd probably continue with the college education and come back to the certs later. Because once you leave school it isn't easy to return. So it is best to get college out of the way if you really want to have your Masters.

If you want to do a general comparison between a Master degree and a CCIE, I think most employers here in the U.S would pick the CCIE over the Masters degree Candidate, but I don't know about India though.

Good luck!
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    CCIE without experience is worthless.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • mehrukhkamal27mehrukhkamal27 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey [h=5]Dieg0M[/h]... i want to ask a question... i dont know how to send you a message :/
  • wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    A Masters degree NEVER expires. Once it is earned, it is yours forever. As prestigious as a CCIE is, it must be renewed periodically to stay current. But as Dieg0M stated above, experience is where the prestige comes in. As the holder of an MBA who is now climbing the Cisco ladder, I would advise college, job, then CCXX.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • abyssinicaabyssinica Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with most of what Sa'ad said BUT we are living in a technologically advanced age. It is so easy to do your masters degree online. So I don't think people can even say "once you leave school it's hard to go back" anymore!