Passed 70-410 (R2) Today :)

SiriXSiriX Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just thought I'd put up a quick post, went and sat the 70-410 (R2) today, was actually harder than I had anticipated, although managed to pass in the end :)

I used CBT Nuggets, Mastering Windows Server 2012 R2 (only relevant chapters), and the Transcender test exams for my preparation over the last month, although I am not new to Windows Server, this was my first Microsoft Certification.

Cheers,

Comments

• Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    Good Job! That test is public enemy #1 around here.
  • ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    Great Job!
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job on passing the exam. now regarding the book you studied what chapters did you study? If i'm thinking correct the that book has about 600+ pages right? I didn't pass my test but need to study once again.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • macboy81macboy81 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well done on passing when you say it was much harder how do you mean were the test exams not as hard?
  • SiriXSiriX Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    Great job on passing the exam. now regarding the book you studied what chapters did you study? If i'm thinking correct the that book has about 600+ pages right? I didn't pass my test but need to study once again.

I'll have to get back to you on the exact chapter numbers, but essentially I matched up the exam objectives, and just a few more...I think it's around 1700 :)
  • SiriXSiriX Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    macboy81 wrote: »
    well done on passing when you say it was much harder how do you mean were the test exams not as hard?

Well the test exams from Transcender were not easy in fact length and depth I'd say more than the real thing, but the actual exam covered slightly different areas, in that what I had studied was not always applicable, and I found certain objectives in the actual exam were covered more than in my prep exams.
    SiriX wrote: »
    I'll have to get back to you on the exact chapter numbers, but essentially I matched up the exam objectives, and just a few more...I think it's around 1700 :)

Ya let me know. I never really thought about matching the chapters with the book. Was it easy to match them up

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and good luck on your next exam studies!!! icon_thumright.gif
    but the actual exam covered slightly different areas, in that what I had studied was not always applicable, and I found certain objectives in the actual exam were covered more than in my prep exams.

This is true, I noticed since I have started studying for the 70-411 exam some of the topics I came across in the exam that were not included in the 70-410 study materials but I am starting to see them in the 70-411 study material, for instance, FSMO (Flexible Single Master Operation) are topics that are covered in the 70-411 exam yet these topics were included in the 70-410 which does make any particular sense and there is more other topics which were new I just can't remember them accurately but there are some other DNS topics I saw in the 70-411 material that I also came across in the 70-410 exam.

I am sure that anyone who took the exam must have noticed some FSMO topics, FSMO includes topics such as Schema master role, RID master role, PDC emulator role, domain naming master role, etc all these topics are in the 70-411 exam objective under the AD DS and not covered in the 70-410 exam objective which I still don't see the significance of them being added in the 70-410 exam. For those who are preparing for this exam, it wouldn't be a bad idea to study AD DS topics in the 70-411 material and DNS in the 70-411 material as well
  • mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • miksmiks Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□

Hey SiriX,
    I received the book you have and man this book is huge... Would you mind sharing the outlines you studied ... I tried to match up the chapters but man it's so much. Any kind of help would be awesome if you could do this for me. Thank you once again for this book it will help me down the road for the other exam I believe since it covers so many things.

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*