Options

Failed 70-410 Exam

Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Well I failed the exam test yesterday. Since it's my very first cert I tried since i started I.T work . I failed not by a lot i think. 700/445. The only issue I had was some of the question i knew the answers too were not in the question... I read online before that it's different the material you read and the exam it self.
I am going to study some more since they gave me a sheet of paper showing me what my strong points and weak points were. I know that will help me but I know the questions will be different the next time around.

I was very nervous on taking the exam like i said it was my very first time. Didn't know what to expect now that I know i will not be so nervous next time.

If anyone of you have failed in the pass what studying did you do? Did you stick with the same material you used when getting read for the exam or did you try other book or tutorial?

I was planning to delete all my vm and start all over on setting them up and stuff. For now I'm going to take a day or 2 days off then start again. Thanks once again.
2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
2021 - *Security+*
2022 - * Pen Tester*

Comments

• Options
    miksmiks Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I failed first time round as well and have a similar background to you, first exam since leaving Uni and getting a job in IT. I completely started from scratch lab wise. I watched CBT nugget videos first time round until I knew them well and used the Exam book that Microsoft recommends which is useless in my opinion unless you want a base to start your studying on.

Currently reading the Mastering R2 book which is miles better and more in depth. Think I have read as much as one can read but another book would be good if I find one or if someone else can recommned a good book to complment the Mastering R2 book? There is also technet but I find that a bit dry and a bit boring. I need to find some lab exercises to get more practical experience since my job doesnt really allow me to do server work.
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the feedback. are you talking about this book? http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Windows-Server-2012-R2/dp/1118289420 ? it has about 1706 pages to read. hahahah

I think i might give this a try and see how it goes... Hopefully it's not to dry for me. Does this book have steps like setting up or installing service like the other books. Something you could follow?

Any other book would nice to have...
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*