Could not pass ITIL V3 Capablity RCV exam just by 1 mark - Need help

csahacsaha Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Dear All

I recently appeared on the ITIL RCV exam but could not pass ITIL V3 Capablity RCV exam just by 1 mark. Got 27/40 where as pass marks are 28/40.

Can anyone pls help me with some tips? I am bit frustrated. It is so unfair icon_sad.gif

Pls help.
C Saha

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi C Saha

Sorry to hear you've had a disappointing result. Your training provider should have an exam report that highlights which syllabus areas were shown as weak on the exam - this is an invaluable tool to focus your study as you prepare to take the exam again. They may also have extra support they can offer you so it's worth asking what help is available.

I don't know if you've taken any other ITIL intermediate exams but the exam technique is certainly challenging. Analyse your performance on the sample exams carefully - were there any questions you got wrong that you can use to improve your exam technique?

We provide our RCV delegates with the Service Transition (Lifecycle course) sample exams to use too. They cover a lot of the same syllabus areas so can be helpful. You could ask your training provider for these as well.

Good luck!

Claire
  • csahacsaha Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Claire

thanks for for the reply. Could you pls guide me with some sample exam papers and also some books which could be useful for the RCV exam?
  • joba19joba19 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sample papers for RCV:

ITIL® 2011 Release, Control & Validation (RCV) (scroll down to the bottom for example exam papers)

Books:

ITIL Service Transtion (ISBN: 0113313063, 978-0113313068)
    Key Element Guide ITIL Service Transition (Key Element Guide Suite) (ISBN: 0113313624, 978-0113313624 )
    Release, Control, and Validation: ITIL Intermediate Capability Handbook (ISBN: 0113314337 , 978-0113314331 )
    Hi csaha

There are only 2 live sample exam papers for RCV which your training provider should have given you, and you can ask them for access to the ST papers.

Reading around the topics in the ITIL core volumes or the capability handbooks can be useful, but as you only missed by 1 mark you may not need to make this extra investment - that's a decision for you.

Good luck!

Claire
  • csahacsaha Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Managed to pass ITIL RCV comfortably this time by making 83% score. But the questions were too difficult.
    Congratulations csaha, well done.