CISM Certification Application

Mr.DefenderMr.Defender Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys
Now the big milestone is passed , I am preparing the applications for certification.
I have couple of question , if anybody can help me. I have been working in current company for 1 and half year.

1) Do I need to get signature from previous company(manager) also?
2) Is it a requirements to check all the boxes under different domains in 'Verification of Work Experience'? (I have done very little/no work in some of the activities mentioned under each domain).

Comments

• pappyTpappyT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1) you need signatures from whomever can verify the experience. i.e. If you were only at your current employer 3 years doing infosec related work, then you'd need a verification filled out by the previous employer for the other 2 years.
    2) I don't know for certain, but in past threads, it was stated it wasn't a requirement to be able to say you fulfilled all of the check boxes.
  • Patrick30Patrick30 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have successfully passed CISA, the next step for me is the certification process as well.

I am currently working in Switzerland, but my previous employer is based in the UK. What is the best way to get his verification on my work experience.
    The cumbersome way would be to send the original of the application to the UK, have it signed by him, and return it back to me. Is it also possible to do this quicker, for example via fax machine
    or is this then rejected by ISACA as the signature is not recognised as valid when being submitted via a fax machine?

Many thanks for quick feedback,
    Patrick
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am so glad my direct supervisor also has the CISM, I was able to have her endorse me yesterday and get everything submitted just a day after getting my results.
  • Mr.DefenderMr.Defender Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    zxbane wrote: »
    I am so glad my direct supervisor also has the CISM, I was able to have her endorse me yesterday and get everything submitted just a day after getting my results.

Why do we have Page V-1 as duplicate ? Is it because of record ? or it has to be signed by previous employer ?
  • MeanandMeanand Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The accompanying instructions should clarify the doubts.

The items boxes are to reflect that you have been working in that domain.

Nobody can be expected to have done all the items .

A verified inlace of a employer would also suffice.