HCISPP Exam Prep

misterXmisterX Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Preparing for the HCISPP exam 2 weeks from now and on a Thursday.
My certs are listed in my name.
I have a wealth of Exp and also work actively in healthcare, so this cert should do me well.
I am attending a CBT (Classroom Based Training)
Classroom based training class with ISC2 then the exam day after.

For this study I am going to use the class and just my exp in my job role as a Security person as most of the topics I deal with alot even though I am a more "Technical" type of guy vs "Paper policy procedure" type.

I hope this computer based test gives me my results right there on site like the CISSP did and not wait 6-8 weeks.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Hey, please keep us posted on your progress. I'd like to hear more first-hand about the HCISPP cert.
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Hey, please keep us posted on your progress. I'd like to hear more first-hand about the HCISPP cert.

I was also interested in knowing more about HCISPP, keep us posted.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • misterXmisterX Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will keep everyone posted as I don't see much of anyone taking this cert or reviewing it much so.
    Even on linked in only 96 people came up with it.

I however evaluate vendors and check laws and regulations and asses their security since they will be accessing our data or storing it etc... so for me this cert is a win win and just hope to have alot of knowledge already from my work exp.
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    misterX wrote: »
    I will keep everyone posted as I don't see much of anyone taking this cert or reviewing it much so.

I however evaluate vendors and check laws and regulations and asses their security since they will be accessing our data or storing it etc... so for me this cert is a win win and just hope to have alot of knowledge already from my work exp.

Are you using any books for this? I believe the last time I looked into this cert there seemed to be almost no material on it, so I was wondering if they had published some content already, or perhaps some exam prep video somewhere?
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
    No, no books at all but I assume ISC2 will have some at the class.
    I'm just going to wing it with my classroom info, past exp, healthcare exp honestly.

I am not the type to memorize laws and regulations in all countries etc.. so much more tech hands on type of guy.
    But for this exam I will try to as needed and what I personally find useful for my job which should be all content I hope.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    That very interesting, because (ISC)2 reports that there are only 80 HCISPP-certified people worldwide as of July 14, 2014.
    Id like to be in the first 100 :)
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    That very interesting, because (ISC)2 reports that there are only 80 HCISPP-certified people worldwide as of July 14, 2014.

My guess that at least some of those fall between passing the cert and getting the endorsement approved... which technically isn't allowed, but other than that, I wouldn't know how to explain the discrepancy between the two.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
    Well.....

Took the ISC2 HCISPP class for three days, then studied hard each night and even leading into the test.
    Used flash cards they provided and just the book and my own hands on knowledge.
    Course has alot of overlapping terms and also errors in it.
    They need more people from the health field in it vs government heads writing it.
    I will say alot of what was on test was not mentioned in class in depth.

I had my own little study method going and plan and yeah.

Honestly this test was just as hard as the CISPP, with the questions......except I had nearly 10 mins left before I was done.
    Thought I was going to be done in like 1 hour 30 minutes..... I was wrong.
    CISSP I completed in 3 hours 30 mins.

I did go back and change a few answers as sometimes the questions down the road give answers.

Feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I PASSED!!

PHEW!
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What did you use to study? Can yhou share?
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks all.
    I noted my study guides in the post which were the ISC2 Training guide, flash cards they provided and my past exp in IT/Healthcare.
  • jfitzgjfitzg Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks all.
    I noted my study guides in the post which were the ISC2 Training guide, flash cards they provided and my past exp in IT/Healthcare.

Do you feel the Official ISC2 Training Guide had sufficient depth on the topics? I know you said they didnt seem to go in depth enough in the class itself, i was wondering what other supplementary material you think would help fill the gaps of the book if any exist.
  • adlinuxadlinux Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I plan to pursue this cert next, will self-study, along with our HIPAA Privacy Officer. Are there any tips that you can provide as far as any other training materials to help us prepare for the exam?