CISSP Exam

sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
Dear All,

I need your advice, I have been in this forum for quite some time trying to prepare to knock out the CISSP exam, I have read, watch and listened to the following:
1. Eric Conrad 11th hour (4 times)
2. Shon Harris video and audio

I have over 10 years of work experience from Systems to Network to IS Consulting. In the last 3-6 years I have been working as PCI QSA/ISO 27001 Lead Auditor/Assessor/Pent Tester.

I need a good practice test engine similar to the real CISSP exam in style to prepare that will allow me to practice.

Kindly suggest and advice if my approach is right or wrong and if the materials I have are sufficient to pass and which practice test engine to use.

Thanks in advance for your suggestion.

Comments

• TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You need to read a proper book. 11th Hour is just too concise. Your experience might help you but, it's not really specific to security. I suggest you read the "Sybex 6th Edition" for CISSP to get a better grip.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You need to read a proper book. 11th Hour is just too concise. Your experience might help you but, it's not really specific to security. I suggest you read the "Sybex 6th Edition" for CISSP to get a better grip.
    Thanks for your response The Profezzor, kindly suggest which practice test is very similar to d real exam in style and will allow me multiple practice sessions.

Thanks in advance.
  • Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    Don't take this comment the wrong way, but may I make a respectful suggestion?

If you want people on this board to respond to your request for help, you'll get a lot more responses if you show people you've made an effort to find the information you seek. So rather than ask the forum "Tell me which sample tests are best and where to find them", you will likely get more useful and positive responses if you wrote "I've search the forum and did my homework. Based on what I read, these 3 sample tests seem to be the most popular (and list them). I think Test B is the best for these reasons (list them). I'd appreciate the forum's feedback on my choices"

You are obviously free to do whatever you want. But in general, people on this forum like to help those who help themselves.
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't seen a practice test that was anything like the CISSP exam. The Shon Harris practice questions are good, and CCCure have their place, but ultimately it comes down to knowing the material - and as already mentioned, the 11th Hour book is great for a last minute review but too concise to serve as the foundation for your exam prep.

I read the Shon Harris AIO (6th ed), Conrad's full book (2nd ed), and several smaller sources such as blogs, white papers, and so on. The AIO and Conrad books were very helpful.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just took the CISSP and passed. I believe, the McGrawHill practice tests are the closest I could find. If you can spend 129$, I have heard that GISP practice exams are very much like CISSP questions. Other than these two, I don't think I have seen anything close to the real thing.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just took the CISSP and passed. I believe, the McGrawHill practice tests are the closest I could find. If you can spend 129$, I have heard that GISP practice exams are very much like CISSP questions. Other than these two, I don't think I have seen anything close to the real thing.

Thanks The Profezzor icon_lol.gif. I have the McGrawHill practice tests from Shon Harris and I will see if I can get the GISP practice exam.

Thanks a lot. Deeply appreciated.
  • uliusgaruliusgar Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, buddy!