Another one SLAYS THE BEAST!

mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
Whew! That was NOT an easy test, they certainly like to throw a lot of variables into their questions!!! I felt more like I was being tested on my test-taking ability than my knowledge of Network Infrastructure. The sims, honestly, were a joke! Extremely easy and straightforward. I had 2 sims with DNS and 1 with SUS. 40 questions in total for me. Finished in about an hour.

Definately know the following:

DNS
DHCP
RRAS
SUS
IPSec

I had pretty much nothing else aside from those topics. After hearing the horror stories of people losing the battle with the beast, I was a little surprised to champ it on the first try, but I walked away with a confident 885/1000. Didn't stop me from getting a case of the shakes before clicking "End Exam" though!!!
Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
WIP: MCSE 2003

Comments

• jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    great job!!!
    get back to studying!!!
  • mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    Just thought I'd add that the Test Out MCSE training package got me 90% there, the rest was just fill in the blanks. I did the Test Out stuff, did the MS Press book self-evaluations, then just filled in my weak areas with reading from the book. Planning on doing the same for my 70-293/294/297 exams, hopefully I'll walk away with the same results!
    Mikey B.

• princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Great job! Congratulations :)
    Knowledge is life
  • Ricardo1Ricardo1 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done Mike.

That was surely after some seriously hard work!
    No surprise, you deserve it. :D
    “Be generous without thought of reward”.
    “It takes two to see both sides of a Problem”.
  • SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Well done. I agree the sims where easy. I wish the entire test was sims. It the tricky worded questions that cause me grief. Good luck on 293, IMO its harder that the 291
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    Congrats on the MCSA status. icon_thumright.gif
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude.........

Why does Microsoft make it so you have to read into these questions so hard and know how to take a test teh Micro$oft way instead of testing you on your knowledge of the subject?
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
    jescab wrote:
    CONGRATZ dude.........

Why does Microsoft make it so you have to read into these questions so hard and know how to take a test teh Micro$oft way instead of testing you on your knowledge of the subject?

Probably because once you remove all the garbage from the question, it practically answers itself!

I had a lot of questions which were like "Your an admin for a domain with 3 DC's and DHCP and your network is subnetted and there's a router and there are the DNS servers over there and here's your firewall and DMZ and webserver and whatnot, now why does this one client get a "Media state disconnected" error?

It's like reading a novel with one tiny little giveaway fact hidden in it and that fact alone is all you need to solve the actual problem in the question.
    Mikey B.

• roydewildroydewild Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    way to go! congrats to you to!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • cmdeanecmdeane Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what was ur study materials/
    www.networkingboards.com - The next biggest tech forum
  • gbhpboygbhpboy Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done mate ! Same name as my son, Mikey_B, you gotta be good !
    cmdeane wrote:
    what was ur study materials/
    mikey_b wrote:
    Just thought I'd add that the Test Out MCSE training package got me 90% there, the rest was just fill in the blanks. I did the Test Out stuff, did the MS Press book self-evaluations, then just filled in my weak areas with reading from the book. Planning on doing the same for my 70-293/294/297 exams, hopefully I'll walk away with the same results!
    Mikey B.