Demolished the SSCP exam a little while ago!

mfrat1114mfrat1114 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Would be surprised if I got more than 3 or 4 questions wrong. The exam content was not difficult, but that could have been because I already had a great understanding of the domains and I prepared myself well. Only studied for a couple weeks but knew all of the content inside and out of my resources.

Resources:
- Gibson's SSCP AIO (didn't really like this one, seemed too basic, but an easy read)
- (ISC)2 Official SSCP Guide (excellent resource, goes in-depth, has everything you need to know)
- Review questions in both of the above books
- (ISC)2 studISCope questions for SSCP (all 3 assessments)
- (ISC)2 Mobile Quizzer App for SSCP (all 4 assessments)

So I guess I used a ton of resources haha but no harm in gaining as much knowledge as possible.

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I'm following the steps that you used. I just gotta get the ISC2 stuff.
    It's good to know that the exam content isn't difficult. I'm all worried about the technical stuff but I know most of it pretty well.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • mfrat1114mfrat1114 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I'm following the steps that you used. I just gotta get the ISC2 stuff.
    It's good to know that the exam content isn't difficult. I'm all worried about the technical stuff but I know most of it pretty well.

Well, I guess I should rephrase my original post... The exam didn't ask me anything that I didn't expect. The (ISC)2 study material is actually very fair and covers pretty much all of the content of the exam very well.

There were a few questions that I didn't remember reading about in the text but I might have just skimmed over it
    Ah I understand.

But still, you passed the test! I'm glad that you passed it.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, sounds like you put in the work and now reaped the reward!
  • mfrat1114mfrat1114 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I learned a lot during my studies of SSCP which made reading the books much easier. Just a tip - be sure to have a decent understanding of cloud computing / virtualization.
    Great!
    Thanks for the tip!
    Booya!!