Options

CISSP endorsement

billyr2009billyr2009 Member Posts: 120
Hello all,

I got my email from ISC2 that my endorsement is complete after about 5 weeks. I was wondering, it says on the email that I can begin using my CISSP from this day forward however above that it says my certification date is from aug 1 to July 31 2017. Does that mean I can't put the CISSP on my linked in or resume until AUg 1?

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    You are good to go now. Exact quote is "You may use the CISSP designation from this day forward". Says it all. I'm assuming they round up to the first of next month to ease administration tasks.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Same thing happened to me. You can claim it as a credential of yours, but your actual certifying cycle (for matters of CPEs and renewals) doesn't start until 1 Aug 14.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    DaBumDaBum Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am currently in week 5 of waiting for my email and I hope I get that same email soon myself.
  • Options
    AlanjenAlanjen Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also waiting to hear back from ISC2. They acknowledged receipt of my endorsement for CISSP on July 3rd. It's been 19 days and am hoping it will be sooner than the five weeks. I haven't seen many posts on how long the endorsement turnarounds have been the summer of 2014. Would emailing ISC2 and checking on the progress speed up the process or be for nought?
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Alanjen wrote: »
    Would emailing ISC2 and checking on the progress speed up the process or be for nought?

Nope. Just sit back. If you try to inquire before hand they will say "we have 6 weeks to do whatever we want". Do exactly that; panic and call in daily after the 6 week and 1 day mark.

One thing that you do want to be ready for is if you claim an experience waiver from a college degree or a certificate. You'll want to make sure you have a copy of this ready to go incase they ask it for you. In my case, they asked for it the day before I was officially awarded.
  • Options
    Yes, don't email them until the timespan they've stated has passed. I emailed them a day after my "15 business days" (or whatever it was for my audit) and they gave me a spot on explanation as for the delay.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    exspiravitexspiravit Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do they email you that CISSP has been awarded or do they send it to you? I'm assuming an email.
  • Options
    They email you a congratulatory email with instructions on how to log into the member's only area as well as the applicable dates of your CISSP.

The hard copy certificate will show up in the mail a few weeks later.
  • Options
    DaBumDaBum Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just recived my CISSP Certification email this afternoon. 4 weeks and 4 days of waiting.