Options

Amazon Web Services - Work Thread

Greetings !

As some of you know I have recently joined a technology startup as a DevOps Engineer. The company is an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner.

I intend to use this thread to understand DevOps and get tips from people with experience in this domain or people who have tips or suggestions for me.

The first part of my work is to knock off the Business and Technical Professional certifications that are available for partner employees.

Tips, suggestions or advice is welcome.

P.S. I also have a task of giving a 30 minute talk on DevOps and AWS Security in a month at a local Cloud Computing user group. Any suggestions for that or hot topics to discuss hit me up. I really need to prove myself at work and at the presentation.
Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

Comments

• Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    I just booked my AWS Certified Architect - Associate Certification exam for the September 4th. I will update the reading material on that. I have already attended the Amazon Class for the same which is a 3 day course.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]

• Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As some of you know I have recently joined a technology startup as a DevOps Engineer. The company is an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner.

Congrats icon_cheers.gif
    I intend to use this thread to understand DevOps and get tips from people with experience in this domain or people who have tips or suggestions for me.

More then happy to help, one of my favorite topics and I can impart much wisdom.
    The first part of my work is to knock off the Business and Technical Professional certifications that are available for partner employees.

If you have any experience with AWS these are dead simple. I finished both in 2 hours.
    P.S. I also have a task of giving a 30 minute talk on DevOps and AWS Security in a month at a local Cloud Computing user group. Any suggestions for that or hot topics to discuss hit me up. I really need to prove myself at work and at the presentation.

Hmmm, there are so many good topics to choose from! Here are some suggestions:
    • Automation in the cloud
    • Orchestration
    • How to increase security through DevOps principles
    • Best practices around code repos & AWS
    • Continuous Delivery (CD) - How to bring better visibility to the security and operations team
    I've got a million more icon_wink.gif

BTW - If there are any topics or questions around Cloud/DevOps/Security just let me know...would love to share anything I can!
  • Options
    Wow ! That's amazing to find someone who does this and knows a lot about it.

I will definitely get in touch in a more direct way as well.

As for the presentation. I am supposed to hMm about what constitutes DevIls and the second part is security in AWS.

• Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    DevOps is primarily about being agile, which usually entails automation and orchestration. I would probably touch on both of those briefly and then move into discussing how automation can be used to scale AWS in a secure way. If you need to spin up an AWS instance, attach an EBS, and perform some other config options, along with all the OS configs...you'll probably do it right the first time. Now repeat the build/config of that instances 500 more times ensuring they are exactly the same. Automation allows a repeatable, harden process which protects and secures AWS through that repeatable and verifiable (through testing/monitoring) process.
  • Options
    Just knocked off the Business and Technical Certifications. Starting work on some solutions that are required by some clients !