Options

Passed!

3online3online Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey everyone! I passed with a 777. The exam was 85 questions, 90 minutes long.

The exam was difficult. I took the exam in Queens, NY in a little room with a bunch of other test takers. The simulation questions were the first ones. I flagged all of them and went back. Don't spend too much time on them. You will short change yourself on time.

As far as studying, I read through Exam Cram, online documentation, and took many practice tests. With practice tests, when you get an answer wrong, study the explanation and learn from it.

Glad that is done!

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    geekgirl74geekgirl74 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm slowly working towards my first MS cert, but I also wonder if it might be better to go for Network+ instead...or at least first!
  • Options
    geekgirl74 wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm slowly working towards my first MS cert, but I also wonder if it might be better to go for Network+ instead...or at least first!

I would hold off with MS, and work on ITIL Foundation. I passed that exam back in March. MS changes their products too often. Maybe if you're in the job role, work towards it. But definitely work towards ITIL Foundation. It shows employers you're serious about IT, and not just collecting certs. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Great work!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    Congrats! What are your plans now?
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Congrats! What are your plans now?

Right now I'm an educator. Prior to education, I was a Network Admin for almost 10 years. At the time, IT wasn't looking good, so I studied education. Well, education is not cracked up to be and I miss IT, so I'm trying to get back into the field.

I would love to teach IT since I have experience in both IT and teaching.
  • Options
    DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    Congrats on the pass, Did you experience any issue with the simulation questions?
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
  • Options
    DonM34 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass, Did you experience any issue with the simulation questions?

Some of them. That was a difficult exam.