Just passed my Network+

quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
Hey gang! I just Passed my Network+ Yesterday morning. Got an 842/900.

For anyone who's interested I used the CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Authorized Cert Guide, Professor Messers videos, and every free practice question I could find online. I don't recommend the Cert Guide, it had a good amount of errors that could possibly trip you up, but paired with Professor Messers videos I found the correct answer.

I honestly thought the test was really easy. My buddy told me how difficult it was and the Sec+ gave me a hard time (due to a severe lack of studying), but it was surprisingly easy. Probably because I studied way more than I needed to...

Comments

• VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    Congrats. What's next for you?
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
  • quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    Well I'd like to go for the CCNA R&S, but there's nothing within 60 miles of me that would utilize it. I'm probably just going to spam resumes and try to get a job in the IT field. =P

Been thinking of getting the 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 cert, but I haven't decided yet.
  • ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    Congrats on the pass! Are you currently working in IT?
  • dbzrfldbzrfl Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass,
    maybe your just smarter then you think. I did not think it was overly hard. Just remember passing the S+ will renew your lower certs for 3 more years if they are Comptia certs.
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats. Currently studying for mine now w/ a target test day at the beginning of October.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    dbzrfl wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass,
    maybe your just smarter then you think. I did not think it was overly hard. Just remember passing the S+ will renew your lower certs for 3 more years if they are Comptia certs.
    I recently found that out, When I passed the Network+ recently. I noticed my A+ Expiration date went from 8/2013 to 7/2014........ That's one of the reasons I'm taking my time on the Security+ exam. Also I'm taking a advance Security class in the fall, so in reality I will be studying for the certification exam and Class. :)
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
    Just think if we had got our certs before 2010 they would never expire, but Comptia became greedy and changed it.
  • DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    Just think if we had got our certs before 2010 they would never expire, but Comptia became greedy and changed it.
    Yes, I agree
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
  • AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□

Perhaps it was greed, but since CompTIA is a non-profit that seems unlikely... I think it had a lot more to do with adhering to ISO standards. Not adhering to those standards would have severely limited the usefulness of the CompTIA certs.
  • quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    Congrats on the pass! Are you currently working in IT?
    Not yet. I'm interning at a place and a job is opening up in August, so hopefully the internship leads into a job. There's pretty much no real IT work where I live. Mostly just PC or Network Technician kinda stuff, and even that's hard to come by.
    Congrats on the pass,
    Thanks =P. Ya, I kinda shot myself in the foot with that. I went S+ > A+ > N+ (I don't recommend doing that) so my S+ didn't get renewed when I got my N+, only the A+.
    I'm kinda glad they changed it, I knew a lot of people with extremely outdated CompTIA certs. Plus it motivates you to get certified in more things.
    I would like to see to pushed to four years. I see a lot of student's getting their certs in the first year of college, and by their final year their certs come up for renewal.
  • BlueRozeBlueRoze Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I just wanted to add, I wouldn't recommend the N10-005 Authorized Cert Guide either, unless you just want a refresher. We purchased that text for our Net+ class and a number of students have complained. We instruct those with very little experience, not a beginner book at all. It also seems to be short on details in a few sections. We are trying a new book soon, so hopefully it will fair better.