ISACA exams today 6/14 - CISA, CRISC, CISM, etc.

Comments

• SecMan3000SecMan3000 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ISACA sent out a survey on the exam (for CRISC at least). Make your thoughts known.
  • andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    A lot of people struggle with these exams. Traditional exams expect the test taker to understand the definition of key concepts. ISACA has a bit of this, but also adds in a lot of concept application. This is the part that may seem subjective. You need to understand, not only the definition, but how ISACA would expect one to apply the concept in a given situation... often with very limited detail. I can easily see how test takers with different practical experience can arrive at different answers. I believe that one helpful method to identify the correct answer is to put yourself into the auditor, security manager, risk manager, etc role and then select the answer that seems to fit best. This is hardly perfect and won't work with every question, but (so far) it has worked well for me.
  • MNDieselMNDiesel Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I definitley let ISACA know how I felt on the survey.........
  • PcgolferPcgolfer Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have very solid abstract reasoning and test taking skills. I scored in the top 10-15% on the CISA, thinking I had failed. I walked out of the CRISC feeling the same. What is the purpose of issuing study material and 400 question exam... Then sitting for an exam that:

1) Has questions infinitely more vague
    2) having questions that aren't relevant to the subject matter
    3) has a paper based exam, but offers electronic test material with bar charts and progress graphing
    4) Takes 8 weeks to get your results back, but managed to move up feedback for the exams it added a September exam for $$$$&

Isaca is beginning to lose credibility with its members, and you hear this when you talk to them. Here is the only positive thing I can say. If you study the material you will learn more about IT Risk and controls. However, you will have no idea of how you did on the test.

Lets not try and give them credit or overthink this. The exam is not the result of a well planned attempt to "weed out" marginal performers or test real world knowledge.

I propose this is a great example of Occam's razor.... The simple answer is usually the right answer. The test appeared to take 4 hours (or 2 in my case) of one's life you will never get back.
    Pcgolfer wrote: »

Isaca is beginning to lose credibility with its members, and you hear this when you talk to them. Here is the only positive thing I can say. If you study the material you will learn more about IT Risk and controls. However, you will have no idea of how you did on the test.

You nailed it.
  • 8octave8octave Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Losing my marbels...Good luck All!! I hope score come out early.
  • acidstormacidstorm Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Results should be out next week. Cross our fingers
  • oaklandoakland Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any word on when when CRISC results will be in?
    oakland wrote: »

By the end of next week. I'm hoping for earlier...
  • Kris_gKris_g Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□

The Dec CRISC results came out 1 week after CISA/CISM. Did anyone get the CRISC results?
    Not me...the wait is killing me. It should likely be this week, if not for sure by next.
    https://m.facebook.com/ISACAHQ/posts/692824860744520

According to the to the ISACA Facebook page, the scores for last year's exam were out around this time, so hopefully the wait isn't much longer.
    Any news on CRISC?
    Kris_g wrote: »
    Any news on CRISC?

Hoping for today!
  • j33perj33per Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nothing yet on the CRISC... more waiting.
    j33per wrote: »
    Nothing yet on the CRISC... more waiting.

I predict results will be out on Tues. Based on absolutely nothing.
    SecMan3000 wrote: »
    I predict results will be out on Tues. Based on absolutely nothing.

Releasing the results have been all over no consistency. I was thinking last week based on when the DEC 13 exams were released but looks like may be this week.
    Kris_g wrote: »
    Releasing the results have been all over no consistency. I was thinking last week based on when the DEC 13 exams were released but looks like may be this week.

I just checked the ISACA FB page and someone asked on the 23rd when CGEIT results would be released and the response was in 3 weeks! I believe that CGEIT and CRISC results come out together so it's looks like we might be waiting a while yet...

https://www.facebook.com/ISACAHQ/posts/924981120862225
    I assume that they're overwhelmed with amazing test results. They're probably just reviewing the tests a second time just to make sure that we all really are this awesome.

Just a guess... :)
    Congratulations! Tried the CRISC link and my info populates, but the score is blank.
  • PcgolferPcgolfer Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I checked also... it says results pending. They are probably deducting points based on my prior posts on this site.
    Congratulations! Tried the CRISC link and my info populates, but the score is blank.

My score for the CGEIT link was also blank (or rather "0") until just an hour ago. Even now the "My ISACA" page still shows "Not Certified - Exam Registrant - Results Pending (Jun 2014)" for me. If I had to guess, they must get all the reports ready and then update the main page later.
    andhow wrote: »
    My score for the CGEIT link was also blank (or rather "0") until just an hour ago. Even now the "My ISACA" page still shows "Not Certified - Exam Registrant - Results Pending (Jun 2014)" for me. If I had to guess, they must get all the reports ready and then update the main page later.

While it shows my CRISC results, Just spoke with ISACA and was told the results have not been published. Not sure what to think of the link..
  • FitzinhoFitzinho Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ah sweet, it worked for me too, passed CRISC with 570
    Looks like I'll be taking it again in December, congratulations to those that passed.
  • j33perj33per Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed with a 558! Thanks for the link and good luck to all. :D
    andhow wrote: »

Thanks for the link! How'd you figure that out? Congrats to all who passed! 685 for me!
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats to all those who passed! What study materials did most of you guys use, I am assuming the ISACA Review Manual and Q&A Practice Q's?
    zxbane wrote: »
    Congrats to all those who passed! What study materials did most of you guys use, I am assuming the ISACA Review Manual and Q&A Practice Q's?

For CRISC ISACA manual, Q&A database. Attended NY ISACA chapter 3 day virtual class on CRISC, was helpful.