Quick question about A+. Do I need to take all of the tests?

Kimura410Kimura410 Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
To my understanding there is a 701, a 702, an 801, and an 802 test which are all "A+"

What determines whether you are A+ Certified? Do you just need to pass 801 and 802? Or all 4?

Comments

• renzyboirenzyboi Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You need to pass two exams which is the 220-801 and 220-802 to become an A+ certified.
    You can also take it in any order as long as you pass both exams.

701 and 702 I think is the older versions of the exam.
  • DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    220-701 and 220-702 exams expired as of August 30, 2013. The new exam is now 220-801 and 220-802, in order to be A+ Certified you must pass both 801 and 802.

CompTIA A+ 220-801 covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.

CompTIA A+ 220-802 covers the skills required to install and configure PC operating systems, as well as configuring common features (e.g. network connectivity and email) for mobile operating systems Android and Apple iOS.

Also you can go to comptia site to answer any additional questions.
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
  • Kimura410Kimura410 Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sorry one more maybe obvious question...i checked the comptia website for the exam prices. it says A+ is $188. so is it $188 for both 801 and 802? or is it $188 each?

is it recommended, or do most people take 801 and 802 at the same time? or is it too much and you're better off taking them on separate days?

sorry, security+ only had one part and I'm considering taking the A+ since I am studying it anyways, so the two parts of it are throwing me off lol. thanks for the above replies.
  • ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    That would be $188 per test. It is totally up to you and the tests do have a lot of overlap. I would recommend taking them seperate because you could focus more on one set of objectives in addition to your mental mindset of the second exam if you failed the first.
  • Kimura410Kimura410 Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ok, i was hoping you wouldn't say that because i am broke! but i can still study in the meantime regardless. thanks
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Think of it as an investment in yourself (which it is). Any time we can make ourselves more valuable, you improve your marketability in the field.

The more you know, the more you might earn.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • UkimokiaUkimokia Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When you get to the higher level ceritifcations they can be quite pricey. If you work in an IT company/enviroment I might ask about certification reimbursement. Some companies/recruiters do offer reimbursement if you pass.