Passed SWITCH exam today yeah but....?

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi guys passed my switch exam just barely 835 haahha but a pass is a pass.

but I have a question regarding doing the sims accurately.

okay without saying what config I saw in the console. This is what I experienced.
I was reading all the instructions but in the config on a switch I saw something
I should add to my configs based of what saw but it wasn't in the instructions but to me
based off of what I saw in the confgs, I should have added something

Is the instructions complete or do I glean more info from the configs as well tocomplete my config for the simlet? Sorry can't tell what just keeping t general but you guys get what I mean? doyou use both the instructions and configs in the already existing console to add more configs where warranted eve if not asked for in instructions.

Comments

• tomtom1tomtom1 Member Posts: 375
    I think I know what you mean, did the switch exam today too. Did you add that piece of config or not? I chose to add it since the description of that part of config was very obvious and the objective in the question stated obviously that an extra part of configuration was needed.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Congrats. I know you have been at it for some time.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks shodown... and tomtom1 no I didn't I caught after I hit NEXT crap! but now I know that is what I get for racing through it my test was the best test I had so far I mean the sims where in just the right place to get my test done faster than I normally do that kind of exam. wish they were all like that the sims in the rights spots....but my gut said to add the config and I was like too late but I passed hahahaha next time I will just use both the Instructions and the configs to see what needs to be done...I had a weird feeling and didn't go on it hahhahaha next time but I am glad I extended my CCNA and CCNA security...my due date was 29 July hahahah omg just scraped by to renew my CCNA and CCNA security hahaha I have been SHODOWN been doing other things like getting married to a filiina and making babies hahahhahaa next ROUTE/TSHOOT sametime I hope
    n
  • ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass itdaddy! Join us in tackling the beast ...ROUTE!!
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Good luck on route. It's a beast. It took me 6 months of study, three books, and countless hours of labbing and real experience to get through it.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on route. It's a beast. It took me 6 months of study, three books, and countless hours of blabbing and real experience to get through it.

Congrats itaddy! Go knock out ROUTE.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass! Get Route and TShoot done before Jan 29th!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Congrats on the pass buddy, any tips on tackling Switch? :)

Passed the Route today and I can say for one its a BEAST!
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
    bharvey.....lab, lab, lab, lab, lab....what I realized is these exams are word problems just practice how to turn words to commands and that has helped me.

Danie, is CCNP changing Jan 29th....**** I Just knew I had to hump...crap, I want to try to bang study TSHOOT/ROUTE same time so don't forget SWITCH stuff for my TSHOOT....yeah now I am starting next week network engineer job and just left my boring IT Manager job..hope it accelerates my study...

any of you guys going virtual and If so what do you use and how do you get it...any of you have the new was it 15.2 IO for routers in GNS3?

I think I might build a CCIE lab and do CCNP, CCDP and CCIE who knows ...but I am seriously considering it...
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    itdaddy wrote: »
    bharvey.....lab, lab, lab, lab, lab....what I realized is these exams are word problems just practice how to turn words to commands and that has helped me.

Danie, is CCNP changing Jan 29th....**** I Just knew I had to hump...crap, I want to try to bang study TSHOOT/ROUTE same time so don't forget SWITCH stuff for my TSHOOT....yeah now I am starting next week network engineer job and just left my boring IT Manager job..hope it accelerates my study...

any of you guys going virtual and If so what do you use and how do you get it...any of you have the new was it 15.2 IO for routers in GNS3?

I think I might build a CCIE lab and do CCNP, CCDP and CCIE who knows ...but I am seriously considering it...

I used GNS3 as my sole labbing resource in preparation for Route. I also heard the Beta version of GNS3 is now too which should include some switching functions.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
    itdaddy wrote: »

It's something about having the real gear that drives me. The sound, the look, the hands on cabling. I just find it more fun! Sure you invest more money, but what a great investment. The way I look at it is, if you people spend so much money on attending a university (me included) why can't we invest in a lab, and create our own "Cisco University" at home. I personally use both, but I lean more towards my rack which is fully loaded and pretty much ready for the CCIE. But I do occasionally use IOU when I want to test something else, or just need a change of scenery.

I say go for it itdaddy, I mean I remember you lab before and it was great. It's one of the first that inspired me to keep building up my own lab. When I came across Scott Morris's lab I knew I wasn't crazy buying all this gear, and I just kept on buying! I love my electricity! :D
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
    ninja turtle,
    yeah I love the real stuff too..but I have a bunch of 1760s that cant handle 15.2 ios ;( but yeah I agree why scott morris use real stuff. but they
    are making tougher..Be nice they give us the virtual lab software so we can practice it seems to boil down to those who have $ to spend on devices and the drive to spend time learning....yeah I am going for CCIE after my CCDP have to my wife is expensive hahaahhaha LOL..thanks for the complement.Yah real world is my fav..
    I'm still waiting on VIRL to be completed. They still don't have NX-OS support, and that's primarily what I'm waiting for. I believe it's good to go for IOS now, but I'm not 100% as I've heard mixed things about it from other network engineers on Twitter.
    thanks so much