MySQL for a potential job/interview

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
I have to learn MySQL fast for a job interview.

I've been trying unsuccessfully to find some online resources to learn MySQL. I have read the documentation, but it is too detailed. I need a tutorial or a short course.

Please let me know of any links/resources you may know.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I suggest googling for "mysql tutorials" and just try those, i.e. here's one that covers several of the most common topics:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.php-mysql-tutorial.com

Good luck!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you want to learn MySQL, then the best thing to do is to go buy a PHP book that incorporates MySQL with it. When you are learning PHP you inherently learn MySQL along with it. Plus, you won't want to learn MySQL if you don't learn PHP as well since the two go hand in hand.

Google Rocks

Good Luck!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    I suggest googling for "mysql tutorials"

Ummmm, good call Johan icon_wink.gif

Exactly what I was thinking. icon_lol.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    TeKniques wrote:
    Webmaster wrote:
    I suggest googling for "mysql tutorials"

Ummmm, good call Johan icon_wink.gif

Exactly what I was thinking. icon_lol.gif
    icon_lol.gif I've been working on my typing speed after being the runner up a couple of times today.

http://labs.jphantom.com/wpm/

icon_wink.gif
  • jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    Webmaster wrote:
    I've been working on my typing speed after being the runner up a couple of times today.

http://labs.jphantom.com/wpm/

icon_wink.gif

I took the typing test, and got 57.94 wpm and 251.54 cpm and that was with 2 mistakes...is that good? icon_confused.gif:
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    How accurate is that typing tester?

It says I did 73.64 wpm and 316.1 cpm with 2 mistakes and the second time I did it I got 78.96 wpm and 350.3 cpm with 3 mistakes.
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."
  • sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    98.43 WPM and 2 mistakes.