ISACA exams today 6/14 - CISA, CRISC, CISM, etc.

13»

Comments

• PcgolferPcgolfer Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did pretty well on four parts.... I should prohibited from monitoring controls. I walked out the exam after two hours.... I'll take it.
  • SecMan3000SecMan3000 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    zxbane wrote: »
    Congrats to all those who passed! What study materials did most of you guys use, I am assuming the ISACA Review Manual and Q&A Practice Q's?

The review manual, online ISACA question DB, Risk IT framework and practioner guide.
  • FitzinhoFitzinho Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats to all those who passed! What study materials did most of you guys use, I am assuming the ISACA Review Manual and Q&A Practice Q's?

Just the Q&A DB, ISACA books are too dry a read
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats to everyone! Looking forward to entering ISACA's crazy world this December.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    SecMan3000 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link! How'd you figure that out? Congrats to all who passed! 685 for me!

Wow! 685 is the highest score I've seen so far. Very impressive!

The links that I provided are identical except for the last variable: CGXTEX0614 or CRXCEX0614. I already have two cerifications and I noted that similarities a couple of months ago when I pulled up their results. After I took my most recent test, I tried a couple of variations and figured out the complex code... ;)
    I hope it's obvious to everyone, but the links that I provided may not have official or final test results. There is a chance (I think it's unlikely though) that ISACA still needs to finish scaling the scores or throwing out bad test questions. Please confirm your results with the "official" email from ISACA... which may come any day now.
  • oaklandoakland Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As of yesterday, someone on Facebook asked when CRISC results would be available, and ISACA replied "in the next two weeks". So perhaps they're not completely done, or maybe they're done and that's just how long it will take to mail out the paper scores.
  • FitzinhoFitzinho Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got the official email, had the same score as the hack at the site, top 20% too, not too shabby
    I just got the official email. I passed with a 685. Top 5%!
  • TalkSecTalkSec Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed CRISC on 2nd attempt icon_smile.gif .
  • Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would love to take like the CRISC, CGEIT, and maybe one of the CISx exams but just cannot bring myself to paying $100+ for a book that you guys say is worse than watching paint dry. Any ideas?
    Grafixx01 wrote: »
    I would love to take like the CRISC, CGEIT, and maybe one of the CISx exams but just cannot bring myself to paying $100+ for a book that you guys say is worse than watching paint dry. Any ideas?

Don't buy the book then....just use the Q/A DB and the Risk IT framework and practitioner guide.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SecMan3000 wrote: »
    Don't buy the book then....just use the Q/A DB and the Risk IT framework and practitioner guide.

This is very possible, I know with the CISM I quickly read through the Review Manual and then never looked at it again.. Honestly not sure it did anything for me, the Q&A DB was much more valuable and my sole study tool essentially.
    This is very possible, I know with the CISM I quickly read through the Review Manual and then never looked at it again.. Honestly not sure it did anything for me, the Q&A DB was much more valuable and my sole study tool essentially.

I read it and I think that there is a lot of good information in it but also a lot of irrelevant information. You can certainly get by without it but I'd still recommend reading it. I think an issue for people that use the Q&A DB only is that after a while they are simply memorizing the correct answers as opposed to understanding the concepts behind them and fool themselves into believing that they will pass the exam given that they are scoring 90%+ on the Q&A DB.

I did use the review manual to review some sections when I got a question wrong. That might be a better way to use it VS reading it cover to cover. Also for CRISC, I highly recommend reading the Risk IT framework and practitioner guide.
  • packetlogpacketlog Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations to all those who passed CRISC. I also passed in the top 10%.

For those who did not make it, don't give up. Try harder.

Maybe next for me is CGEIT this December, and then finally CISM in 2015.
  • coochiecoochie Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to those who passed. I found out this Tuesday by email that I didn't pass with a score of 431, the first two domains I got over 500 the last 3 the 340 to 350 range.

The test was very nebulous and subjective out of the 200 questions at least 25% were carelessly crafted, the creator(s) of those questions were the ones who knew the correct answer. I am also a CISA, CISSP and PMP so I'm use to taking certifications tests. I spent several months going through the official CRISC manual and practice tests and reviewed the books 3 times over for understanding versus short term memorization and that didn't help. I also have ran and managed risk management programs and performed hundreds of risk assessments using industry standard methodologies and that didn't help a single minute because it was about passing a multiple choice test and not practical experience.

I contacted the certification manager and asked about the sample questions included in all exams that don't count in the final grade, and having my results checked, and I was sent a form to fill out to pay $75 for a manual review in the event the scantron "broke." But they refused to answer questions about whether my exam was graded excluding sample questions because in there mind they do no wrong so they said that it's excluded but how do I know even by paying the $75 dollars? The lack of transparency and subjectivity is daunting and makes me question ISACA's "quality controls."

Let the comments fly.
  • SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My CISA certification application approved today!

I submitted it on 7/22/14.

Regards
    coochie wrote: »
    Congrats to those who passed. I found out this Tuesday by email that I didn't pass with a score of 431, the first two domains I got over 500 the last 3 the 340 to 350 range.

The test was very nebulous and subjective out of the 200 questions at least 25% were carelessly crafted, the creator(s) of those questions were the ones who knew the correct answer. I am also a CISA, CISSP and PMP so I'm use to taking certifications tests. I spent several months going through the official CRISC manual and practice tests and reviewed the books 3 times over for understanding versus short term memorization and that didn't help. I also have ran and managed risk management programs and performed hundreds of risk assessments using industry standard methodologies and that didn't help a single minute because it was about passing a multiple choice test and not practical experience.

I contacted the certification manager and asked about the sample questions included in all exams that don't count in the final grade, and having my results checked, and I was sent a form to fill out to pay $75 for a manual review in the event the scantron "broke." But they refused to answer questions about whether my exam was graded excluding sample questions because in there mind they do no wrong so they said that it's excluded but how do I know even by paying the $75 dollars? The lack of transparency and subjectivity is daunting and makes me question ISACA's "quality controls."

Let the comments fly.

Shoot. I'm sorry you didn't have a better experience. I hope the $75 that you're spending results in uncovering a problem with your score. I had a good experience with the CRISC test, but I will admit that the test questions were not what many of us would consider typical.
  • calvinycalviny Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My CISA certification application status changed to Approved two weeks ago. When will the status change to Certified?
    calviny wrote: »
    My CISA certification application status changed to Approved two weeks ago. When will the status change to Certified?

It's typically within a couple of days. You may want to send them a quick note and check in.
  • Osama54321Osama54321 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    can i pass cgeit exam via **** only