Options

SWITCH test question re: wireless

Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
I haven't seen anything so far that says that the SWITCH test requires one to know how to configure a wireless AP, but I wanted to ask anyway. I heard that wireless is only about 5% of the test anyway.

Comments

• Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sharing explicit details about what exactly is on the exam is a violation of the NDA so we cannot give you those details. However, with that said here is a excerpt from the Blue Print on Cisco's website for you to make infer from:

4.0 Prepare Infrastructure to Support Advanced Services

5%

Hide Details

4.1 Implement a wireless extension of a Layer 2 solution
    4.2 Implement a VoIP support solution
    4.3 Implement video support solution

Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wasn't trying to get anyone to violate the NDA - merely going by Jeremy Ciaora's comments in his wireless "bonus" video.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Configuring an AP is not covered in the Cisco OCG (Official Cert Guide)...Make of that what you will. Wireless has been dropped completely from the Exam Topics for SWITCHv2, which replaces the current SWITCH test on January 30, 2015.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Let's put it this way, I have not yet seen the test but also won't be focusing on configuring a WAP in preparation for the test. The OCG book covers a theory / fundemental topics and Jeremy's bonus video is simply that, some bonus information. I'd image there will be some theory level questions due to it being covered on the test but since the blueprint indicates 5% coverage I think it's safe to assume what will / will not be on the test.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi