CCNP Exam - Last Minute Advice

bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
Hi All,

I'm sitting my CCNP route next Tuesday, any last minute advice prep tips!

Thanks
2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Go over the exam objectives and make sure you didn't miss anything. Relax and be confident in your abilities.

Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have a good breakfast/lunch, and show up a little bit early.
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Thanks for the useful advice on this guys, I feel like I'm pretty much ready but it's so difficult to judge. Just wait and see next week I suppose! :)
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Well I guess one thing I've realized is if your not nervous going into a test then something is wrong.

On the contrary many of us here have taken tons of IT related tests and we all know how they are but always ask about last minute jitters. If this forum didn't have such great feedback and words of encouragement I think people would have a harder time going from test to test. Encouragement no matter how good you are is always so much better for a positive mood. icon_bounce.gif

... I mean unless your like this smiley... crash.gif
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Assuming you have prepped for all topics to be covered just keep everything fresh day-to-day. I assume you have some notes to review, etc. At this point I wouldn't try to focus deeply on anything in particular unless you feel a lot weaker in that area and still need to work on it (I'd assume no since you are closing in on your test date).

Practice questions are a great fill for final prep. They get your mind prepared to be thinking link Cisco as well as serves as a refresher on topics that are covered.

Be familiar with the blue print for the exam ( I always have a printed copy of it I take with me to the testing center and leave in my car right before I go in, along with my notes). Know if you need to make a strategic decision during the exam you have a strong basis to do so.

Get as much sleep as possible the previous night and eat a good breakfast / meal before going into it. Devote that day to the exam and don't do anything mentally taxing beforehand. Read all questions thoroughly and keep an eye on the clock!

I've always told myself, if I am not dreaming about the content I am not ready. :)
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
    I am (each day) studying a particular subject with notes and reading the Chris Bryant Route kindle book. I have found I am actually fairly week on EIGRP from doing some practice questions! So I am dedicating more time on this.

I am also labbing daily on all topics BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, R.Redistribut etc.

Thanks for the advice Danielh!
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    Because the questions vary so much in how long they take to answer (simple multiple choice vs. simlet) it's easy to freak out about time. My advice is to relax and understand that there's plenty of time as long as you don't get completely stuck.
    Thanks for the advice guys, I sat the exam today and passed with an 895. Onto Switch! Saw the new syllabus is coming out 29th of January! Better get onto this quick! icon_sad.gif
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Thanks both guys :)
  • mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I sit my SWITCH exam tomorrow. Really nervous. If I fail, then it will set me back really far behind.
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
    Thanks! :) and good luck for your exam man! Be sure to check back here and update us!