CISM June 2014, already got back my certification!!

pappyTpappyT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got my test results back last Thursday, and submitted my certification packet right away. This morning, got email from ISACA notifying me my certification has been approved!! I wasn't expecting it for several weeks yet, based on past posts in the forum and what the ISACA website said. What a pleasant surprise for a Friday!

Comments

• zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, that's awesome! I submitted mine a day after finding out I passed as well so hopefully I should find out soon as well. Do they actually send us a physical certification?
  • MeanandMeanand Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Zxbane,

They do send the physical certificate.

For the CISA which I completed last December, it took nearly six weeks before they informed me by mail.
    The physical one came later.

I have submitted the application and am waiting...
  • pappyTpappyT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    according to the email I received, a physical certificate and lapel pin should be following in 1-2 weeks.
  • someslackersomeslacker Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I submitted my CISM paperwork last week. Has anyone else had their application accepted since the release of scores?
  • empsecukempsecuk Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hmmm..

I submitted (and paid for) my application on the 22nd July ....

* 22nd July -(immediately after my application submission email) I received a an auto-response with a genera FAQ

* 22nd July - in the evening (UK time), I received a more formal response / acceptance of my application and that it would take up to 8 weeks.

* 23rd July - I received an email stating that the processing had begun .. This email also said that it would take about 6 weeks. I was impressed that I appeared to have gained, well lost, 2 weeks.. Was hopeful that pretty soon the processing would be completed!

However, my application status under myCertifications has remained at Unreviewed ... Trying not to hit refresh repeatedly ...

Has anyone else progressed much further?
  • pappyTpappyT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    interesting. for me, I mailed my application in right away on the 18th, and got the auto-reply. I also had to resend my app because I didn't include my complete transcript (for the time substitution) and I got a response back from a person to that.

On the 21st I got the "processing has begun" email.

On the morning of the 25th, I got the following:

Dear Mr. pappyT, CISM

RE: CISM certification number: 1425775

Congratulations! On behalf of ISACA and the recommendation of ISACA’s Credentialing and Career Management Board, we are pleased to inform you that on 25 July 2014 you have been granted certification as a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).

• hermit84hermit84 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For those who want to know more on the time-frame of the application

CISA application on Feb 4, 2014. Then, the application status changed to "Unreviewed"

On Mar 11, the application status changed to "Complete-Under Review"
    On Mar 14, the application status changed to "Approved"
    On Mar 17, the application status changed to "Certified"

CRISC application on Feb 7, 2014. Then, the application status changed to "Unreviewed"

On Mar 5, the application status changed to "Incomplete"
    On Mar 10, Additional Information submitted
    On Mar 18, Audit request received
    On Mar 31, the application status changed to "Certified"

CISM application on Jul 18, 2014. Then, the application status changed to "Unreviewed"

On Jul 25, the application status changed to "Complete-Under Review"
    On Jul 25, the application status changed to "Approved"
    On Jul 25, the application status changed to "Certified"

COBIT5 Certified Assessor application on Jul 21, 2014. Then,

On Jul 31, the application status changed to "Certified"