Finally a CISSP

SkeyeLlamaSkeyeLlama Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
After passing the exam back in February I spent the last few months networking in an effort to find another CISSP to endorse me. My efforts paid off and about 4.5 weeks ago I submitted my endorsement package. Today the congratulations email came through... finally.

Frankly, the road to finding an endorser was at least as rewarding as studying for and passing the test. It took me to the USCC east national cyber competition. It introduced me to a number of great security professionals and a local hackerspace. It even got me up in front of the room teaching web app pentesting.

It is quite a relief to have this done. Now it is time for the job app-a-palooza. Keep up the hard work guys.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Side note - You did know that if you don't have an endorser off hand, you can submit for ISC2 to endorse you, right?
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    Congrats!

Side note - You did know that if you don't have an endorser off hand, you can submit for ISC2 to endorse you, right?

This is what I was thinking.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • SkeyeLlamaSkeyeLlama Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did know that. I thought about going that route, but I figured if I didn't have a professional network large enough to have an endorser then I have a bigger problem than getting endorsed.
  • ksmaheshkumarksmaheshkumar Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□