Options

640-554 Booked Friday 1/08/14

desi121desi121 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I have my 640-554 booked for Friday! I've been doing a lot of practice papers and seem to be getting a good score so I hope things go well! I have been using CBT Nuggets / Trainline / Official Cert Guide + Video's + Portable Handbook. I seem to be getting the hang of most of the topics I just need to take a look at

How to configure port Security

Go through wild card Masks

Go Through ACL's (Does anyone have any resources for acl summarization?)

Spend more time on the GUI

Comments

• Options
    Jamm1nJamm1n Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck! Keep us updated!
  • Options
    Will do if anyone is looking for an ACL WildCard Mask Guide/Tutorial these seem quite good!

ACL Wildcard Masks

Creating Standard Access Control Lists (ACLs) - For Dummies

Quick and Easy Wildcard (Inverse) Subnet Mask Cisco Forum FAQ | DSLReports, ISP Information

I am just spending the last few days going through a few topics I am not 100% confident on! Two days until the exam!

Okay well here's an update for today!
    I think I know the ACL Wild card masks now the questions seem okay will keep practicing!
    I am just stressing out a bit about the labs as these are difficult to practice! I've got CCP installed and had a play around with it I am familiar where most items are! My plan tomorrow is to go through ACL's again and CCP inside out! Then on the day of the exam do one more full practice test as my exam is late in the evening.
  • Options
    PupilPupil Member Posts: 168
  • Options
    ^^
    Thank you for the kind words :)
  • Options
    ***please delete any of the below if its violates the NDA***
    I took the exam today and passed with a score of 950. I had two labs in the exam and the first lab was simple but the second was strange. At the end of the question it said "allow CCP to automatically create a rule"..(not saying which one because of the nda) it was confusing as with CCP there was no way to save the config or deliver the config to the router. So I did not get a pop up saying the config would be changed automatically to make way for the special rule...i think i lost marks here...can anyone confirm does the config auto save on CCP? I know in real life you have to deliver it to the router...The exam was a fair exam and I finished it quite quickly...its taken me over 4 months on/off study to pass CCNA Security and I'm glad its finally out of the way!

Future Plans: I'm looking at 600-199 just had a brief look but confused as how you study for it as there seems to be no material?

CISSP is the big one!
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    desi121 wrote: »
    ***please delete any of the below if its violates the NDA***
    I took the exam today and passed with a score of 950. I had two labs in the exam and the first lab was simple but the second was strange. At the end of the question it said "allow CCP to automatically create a rule"..(not saying which one because of the nda) it was confusing as with CCP there was no way to save the config or deliver the config to the router. So I did not get a pop up saying the config would be changed automatically to make way for the special rule...i think i lost marks here...can anyone confirm does the config auto save on CCP? I know in real life you have to deliver it to the router...The exam was a fair exam and I finished it quite quickly...its taken me over 4 months on/off study to pass CCNA Security and I'm glad its finally out of the way!

Future Plans: I'm looking at 600-199 just had a brief look but confused as how you study for it as there seems to be no material?

CISSP is the big one!

From what I remember you do not need to commit the changes/ send them to the device for the CCNA Security exam. In fact I believe in the question/lab it even stated that you don't need to commit changes the way you normally would, but I agree that it's kind of strange when exams don't require you to follow the entire workflow.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    Thanks for reply I did not see any instructions mentioning it would auto-save! So I was very confused! I did the lab at least six times to try and find out why CCP didn't popup with a message box saying it would add an extra line to the config. Oh well!