Options

Study Material - CCIE v4 versus CCIE v5

egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
ok...is there a difference between the study material for the CCIE v4 or the CCIE v5 written exams? I just made a purchase from one of the CCIE vendors and apparently their video course for v5 would not be available till September or October. I'm thinking about getting a refund but just wanted to clarify things with peers.
B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+

Comments

• Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Do you plan on taking the CCIEv5 written before September or October? I would say that probably 70-80% of the material is similar and should keep you tied over until then. You can supplement your studies with most of the docs on cisco.com for IS-IS configuration, GETVPN, DMVPN, etc.

If you have a safari subscription Narbik's v5 official cert guide is on rough cuts. It may help fill in some gaps.
  • Options
    egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I am using the material at INE.com now. However initially I had signed up for the video courses at "the other site" and to my dismay they did not have the CCIE v5 Written video course. The rep told me it wouldn't be available till September or October. I asked him if I had paid for outdated information and he readily said yes. (imagine the reaction). .... you can see the source of the frustration, and question.
    lrb wrote: »
    Do you plan on taking the CCIEv5 written before September or October? I would say that probably 70-80% of the material is similar and should keep you tied over until then. You can supplement your studies with most of the docs on cisco.com for IS-IS configuration, GETVPN, DMVPN, etc.

If you have a safari subscription Narbik's v5 official cert guide is on rough cuts. It may help fill in some gaps.
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+