Security+ ROI

Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
According to Cramsession's website, Security+ has a ROI (still unclear as to what this stands for) of 8.8, while MCSA has an ROI of 6.3....Does this by any way mean that Security+ is "valued" more than MCSA? This is very hard for me to believe, after passing the exam.
Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University

Comments

• BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    Vask3n wrote:
    According to Cramsession's website, Security+ has a ROI (still unclear as to what this stands for) of 8.8, while MCSA has an ROI of 6.3....Does this by any way mean that Security+ is "valued" more than MCSA? This is very hard for me to believe, after passing the exam.

ROI is Return On Investment. This comparison can be misleading if the disparity in the investment is large. 6.3x100 is much larger than 8.8x10.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Although the Security+ exam 'costs' more than an MS exam, you need to invest in four exam for MCSA. As BubbaJ mentioned, comparing them can be misleading.

MCSA is certainly more 'valued' by employers than Security+. MCSA itself can lead to a job while with just Security+ that will be tough.
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    BubbaJ wrote:
    Vask3n wrote:

ROI is Return On Investment. This comparison can be misleading if the disparity in the investment is large. 6.3x100 is much larger than 8.8x10.
    huh?

on a scale of 1 to 10, 8.8 is considered a better "value" than 6.3, as if to say you would get a return of $8.80 for every $10 you spend. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    In terms of ROI, is the "Return" simply in terms of money, or as in "return" in terms of satisfaction?
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
    huh?

on a scale of 1 to 10, 8.8 is considered a better "value" than 6.3, as if to say you would get a return of $8.80 for every $10 you spend. icon_cool.gif

My point is: if you have to invest (money for study material, study time, exam costs) a lot less money for the 8.8 vs. the 6.3, the absolute return on the 6.3 can be much higher than the 8.8.

The only way to do a direct comparison is if the investment is in the same ballpark for both. I would rather invest $100 at 6.3 than $10 at 8.8.
    Vask3n wrote:
    Does discussing ROI, is the "Return" simply in terms of money, or as in "return" in terms of satisfaction?

In the business world, it is all about money. I can't say on what the web site is basing the numbers.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Vask3n wrote:
    In terms of ROI, is the "Return" simply in terms of money, or as in "return" in terms of satisfaction?
    That would be the latter in this case, it's more about what positive influence it can have on your career (which usually includes more money ;)).