Passed Hardware and OS today

hoi_polloihoi_polloi Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Glutton for punishment here who decided to take both today. Due to circumstances somewhat beyond my control I had less than a week to prepare for it and had to schedule it last week- hardware 763 and OS 707. I used this site's practice exams and notes along with Mike Meyer's Passport book. The BIG thing is I have been in the field for two years in a part-time, mentor/internship while going back to school. Without it, scheduling and studying for this exam with any expectation of passing would have been very hard.

I recently re-graduated from a local Tech College and took A+ courses using Jean Andrews' books. Did not use them for studying for the exam. I find her books to be good for basic, foundational knowledge, in a classroom setting where you can get some hands-on but as far as actual testing preparation, she would not be useful.

Up next will be the CCNA!!!!! Targeting Nov/Dec for that one.

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job! icon_cool.gif
    Good luck on your next exam!
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on becoming a CompTIA A+ Certified Profesional!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Congrats! I'm taking the Hardware test tomorrow at 3:00. I'm to the point where I'm not even nervous any more, I just want to take it and get it over with so I can start studying for the OS!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!

hoi_polloi wrote:
    Glutton for punishment here who decided to take both today.

??
    Quite a few people take their exams the same day, generally I encourage it since a person works with the 'WHOLE' computer they should be tested on it. So good for you for taking both and getting things done!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • hoi_polloihoi_polloi Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all. Plantwiz, I had always heard that it was best to take them apart from one another- NOT on the same day. Oh well! Just goes to show how much I know!!