640-554 Failure

zykezyke Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Today, after three weeks of on and off studies, I failed my CCNA Security 640-554.

I can see two reasons to why I did fail the test.

1. Beeing that I never even opened the CCP program and the first three questions were about CCP and the only two sims were done in CCP.
2. Beeing that I had too much work so I couldn't study as much as I should have.

I got a score of 804, which I thought I would pass on... but apparently a score of minimum 898 was required in order to pass.. that's almost 90%

Common Security Threats
100%

Security and Cisco Routers
0%

AAA on Cisco Devices
50%

IOS ACLs
89%

Secure Network Management and Reporting
100%

Common Layer 2 Attacks
56%

Cisco Firewall technologies
89%

Cisco IPS
100%

VPN Technologies
56%

Regarding the Security and Cisco Routers, I must have gotten only one question on that and got that wrong.. it's impossible to get 0% on it otherwise...

At least I know what I should focus on until the next test.!

Comments

• Jamm1nJamm1n Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pretty decent for three weeks of study, Ill almost have two months on and off of study before I take my exam. I should really start focusing more on CCP ... You will get it next time!
  • zykezyke Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jamm1n wrote: »
    Pretty decent for three weeks of study, Ill almost have two months on and off of study before I take my exam. I should really start focusing more on CCP ... You will get it next time!

Next test session should be tomorrow... however I have had basically zero time for studies... so I am thinking of skipping this run and going for the next in august (the test center closes during most of july). But I want that certificate so bad!

Good luck on yours : )
  • dirtypablodirtypablo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi zyke,

try to spend more time on your study dude.. and good luck to your next attempt :)

are you done with your CCNA? im sitting for 200-120 (CCNA) exam next week.. then Security after.
  • FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
    good luck in your exam im also going to write the ccna security exam soon.
    Yeah, I should. Just got sooo much to do at work.. had 150% covering last month.. and I had 3 weeks to study.
    Nope, I skipped the r&s part, I only did 100-101, I might go for the 200-101 as well, but I am only going to work in security, but the r&s part is a good complement.

But as soon as I am done with the 640-554 I am moving on to CCSA and CCSE from Check Point.

Good luck on the exam :)
  • merc.man87merc.man87 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pretty good for the given time of prep. That 0% is ouchy! But I understand all it takes is to get one question wrong. You'll ace it next time!
    Cheers,

yeah it was a big WTF to be honest, but I think it was just one question and I missed that one. Cause it feels ridiculous if I missed all of them...
    hopefully I will, I'll do it again in a week or so.
  • richypcrichypc Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took it the same time you did and hit 820 and failed. I had about 3 months off and on with studies and the actual lab book with actual gear and CCP installed. I re-took it this past Saturday and passed it with 970. I didn't feel bad at all about failing since I did really good with the labs; I just messed up with the security threat multiple choice questions by mixing them all up :/ it was a really easy retake though.