Options

CEH - Worth it?

registrantregistrant Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□

Comments

• Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What is your Job role? Have you actually studied for the CEH? It's not an easy test and has a very difficult curriculum.
    If it doesn't directly support your job function that's probably why your company wont pay for it.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Personally, I feel the CEH is overrated at best. It's a mile long and an inch thick. If you are going to spend some money I would say go with OSCP, much more respected and you will get way more out of it.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The application fee is now $120? Man, EC Council will have the total cost of CEH at $1000 before we know it.

Unless you need it for your job, save yourself the time and aim for something else.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    After taking S+ then reading the C|EH book, I decided not to take it. Then I heard all of these stories regarding EC Council, and the exorbitant (and increasing!) fees...not worth it.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I just checked and it still shows on their site as being $100.

Although that's not near as painful (or as much BS) as paying a $500 application fee for LPT. Ouch!

I also didn't know that EC-Council had marketing and PM certifications: CIMP and CPMP.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    You really have to analyze what the potential ROI is and how the cert firs in your overall career plan. I personally don't see much value in the cert. I'm taking it soon for just two reasons:
    1. Required for the WGU MSISA
    2. I want to be CEH buddies with colemic

That's it!