Options

Passed CISSP examination

mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
hi all,

I've attended the CISSP exam today and passed.

About me:
In IT since too long, CNE, MCSE on NT4 (that tells a lot huuuh) and W2K.
Currently and for the last 15 years i've been working for a global IT manufacturer.

Study materials used:
  • Eric Conrad 11th hour
  • Eric Conrad study guide 2nd edition
  • Sybex 6th edition
  • All in One 6th edition
Honestly I've found Shon Harris book to be deep but very soporific while Eric Conrad book passed more pleasantly.
I've used these notes: SunFlower 1.1 / CISSP Aide Mémoire / and the wonderfully written Trottet Combined Notes
Throughout my studies I've made myself a massive OneNote Notebook with all my cut and pastes and writings concerning the 10 CBK's domains. I've found this useful and practical with my workflow.

Self Test Warfare: I've compiled as much questions as possible from these sources
  • Total Tester (too complex-scenarios too long & badly worded - a head banger if you ask me)
  • SSI Logic CISSP Exam Prep: 1000 practice questions / Mock Exams (pretty good but far from what I've red today)
  • CISSP® ALL IN ONE EXAM GUIDE 6th Edition chapter & final book exam
  • CISSP-CBK-Final-Exam
  • CISSP-Study Guide-Sybex-Domains-Exams (sybex 6th edition book exam & chapter questions: okay but far from real exam as well)
  • Shon Harris CISSP Practice Exams 2nd Edition

Examination summary:
Honestly I do not know what to say, it seems to me that I've taken a BCP/DRP exam coupled with a few Security Policies questions. I've reviewed my whole exam twice, was the last to leave the place and took 5h30 minutes in all.Some questions were ultimately strange so to say, with for example a complete scenario which is well, absolutely not used in the actual question... In the end i'd state that nothing in my former list of preparation items/self training materials has succeeded at preparing me for the exam I've attended today. Though, I think my experience played a key role here.

Hope that this helps & best of luck to you all.
Onto endorsement.
Regards,
m.

Comments

• Options
    voodoo26voodoo26 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass !!!
    2014 Goals CISSP COLOR=#008000]Passed[/COLOR, 2015 Goals CISM COLOR=#ff0000]June[/COLOR
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck on the endorsement.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That is a big accomplishment. Congratulations on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • Options
    Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    mokaz wrote: »
    Examination summary: honestly I do not know what to say, it seems to me that I've taken a BCP/DRP exam coupled with a few Security Policies questions.

So would it be fair to say that you found some domains more heavily covered in the test than others? Your comments seem to imply this but I didn't want to misinterpret what you're saying.

And congratulations on passing!
  • Options
    Spin Lock wrote: »
    So would it be fair to say that you found some domains more heavily covered in the test than others? Your comments seem to imply this but I didn't want to misinterpret what you're saying.

And congratulations on passing!

Thank you all for the congrats =)

I'll definitely reply positively to this question! Also, i do not think everyone get's the same exams on the same day. Other folks beside me finished in 2-3 hours while i was reading question 160... I don't know but I've got the feeling I've stumbled on the "weird questions pool". I wanted to comment on a few of them but aborted that idea trying to keep focusing on answering to the best of my knowledge.

Last, to me when for example you've got a question wording with "Bob has to... while he..." and suddenly moves on with "how would THEY conduct this or that". I'm an analytic type of dude; which means that i'll re-read the question 5 times in order to find where the hell that THEY comes into play and if this would implies another reply than the one I've chosen. A lot of time i had to move on and acknowledge that it was a typo but while in exam mode for me it felt rather hard...
  • Options
    AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Honestly I've found Shon Harris book to be deep but very soporific while Eric Conrad book passed more pleasantly.

Congrats on the pass!

And thanks for introducing me to a new word I had to look up (soporific). One of the great things about these forums is that I'm always learning something, even when I don't mean to. :)

Just your average Joe
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for the write-up.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the congrats =)I'll definitely reply positively to this question! Also, i do not think everyone get's the same exams on the same day. Other folks beside me finished in 2-3 hours while i was reading question 160... I don't know but I've got the feeling I've stumbled on the "weird questions pool". I wanted to comment on a few of them but aborted that idea trying to keep focusing on answering to the best of my knowledge.
    After a few days of thoughts about this I have to say that i'm actually quiet proud that my CISSP experience (exam) was something unexpected.This rather fortifies the exemplar value of this certification. Because taking an exam where you know the questions and answers has absolutely no value.
  • Options
    ksmaheshkumarksmaheshkumar Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Got this in my email today =) pfff what a relief this is really...

You may use the CISSP designation from this day forward

Thank you all, i'm glad this is behind !!!
    A few beers and some hockey action now =)

Good luck to you all !!!
    m.
  • Options
    techbebetechbebe Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your Passing! icon_cheers.gif I passed on 9-13-2014 I agree there seems to be different exams. It took me right at 5 hours with the review.
  • Options
    moe12moe12 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Did you take this for personal achievement or to open doors at current or future jobs if you do not mind me asking?
  • Options
    EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass...