Looking for CISA Review Manual 2013/14

sandeep.torontosandeep.toronto Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, Can someone please share CISA Review Manual 2013/14? I am planning to write exam in Dec 2014.

Comments

• broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Look online or check your local library for a copy. I don't think that there is a PDF version that someone can share.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    ISACA offers members a discount on the review manual sold directly through them. You might even be able to find someone selling their copy on eBay. If you're looking for someone to "share" as in send you a PDF, you've come to the wrong place.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I recently purchased the 2014 CISA Review Manual myself (plan to test in December too) and I got it from the ISACA website.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I thought ISACA was as **** as SANS about reselling study materials?
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
    colemic wrote: »

I am pretty sure you are right on that as well, I don't think we are supposed to sell the materials to begin with. So with that said, just visit ISACA's site for all the study materials you need.
  • sandeep.torontosandeep.toronto Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you everyone for your response.

I would like to ask you for some help with the study material. Following are the materials I am considering to buy:

1. CISA Review Manual 2014

2. CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2013

3. CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2014 Supplement

4. CISA Practice Question Database v14 Download

Can you please let me know which material should I buy from ISACA?

Thank you again.
    My personal recommendation and the materials I plan to use are the Review Manual 2014 and the Practice Question Database
    ^^ what he said. Personally I found the Q&A to be a much better learning tool than the review book, but different strokes.
  • taifiitaifii Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Everyone, i am planing to appear in exam of CISA - Dec 2014. i have already start studying CISA review manual 2014. Do you think we should memorize some sort of standards and tools of Auditing as mentioned in this book..?
    looking forward to hear from you.
  • andhowandhow Member Posts: 151

I don't understand. Why would ISACA (or SANS) care if you resold your study material?
    andhow wrote: »
    I don't understand. Why would ISACA (or SANS) care if you resold your study material?

Simple..If you're selling it, they aren't.
    andhow wrote: »

Because in their eyes, that's a sales transaction that they are not profiting from. :)

Actually, I think SANS has a better argument here, since their exams are open-book - it would be far easier for someone to challenge an exam armed with courseware, than trying to do it without, and could lend itself to dumping much easier.

It's still a lame argument though, but ISACA's? Simple greed.
  • andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    Because in their eyes, that's a sales transaction that they are not profiting from. :)

Ouch... That's unfortunate.

Is it actually against their code of conduct? I've bought both the CGEIT and CRISC manuals. Both sit in my office and I have team members that regularly flip through them as they consider future certifications. Is this, or lending my books to them, "forbidden" by ISACA? I sure hope not.
  • pappyTpappyT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□

Actually, I think SANS has a better argument here, since their exams are open-book - it would be far easier for someone to challenge an exam armed with courseware, than trying to do it without, and could lend itself to dumping much easier.

It's still a lame argument though, but ISACA's? Simple greed.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but for SANS I think to challenge a cert is $1049.
    However, you can register for Self Study for most of the classes (which include course materials and mp3 I think) for $599.
    If you get the self study, the registration for the certification attempt is discounted to only $599.

So if you're going to spend $1050 to challenge an exam, why not spend $1200 to challenge the exam and get all of the books, class materials, mp3, etc.?
    According to the website it's $4,895 for the materials self-study for GSLC... here's a list of all the GIAC self-study programs w/ cost, there are a couple of 1k options,but most are in the 4k range.

SANS Institute: Self Study - Courses & Prices
  • pappyTpappyT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    According to the website it's $4,895 for the materials self-study for GSLC... here's a list of all the GIAC self-study programs w/ cost, there are a couple of 1k options,but most are in the 4k range.

SANS Institute: Self Study - Courses & Prices

Huh, I can't even find what page I was looking at before. no idea where I got that 599 figure from now.
    pappy, if you look at the link colemic posted I think you are looking under the "options" column which has onDemand for $599.. Unless I am reading that wrong? I think the left side prices is to attend the course and the "options" column is for the onDemand self-study route?
    I interpreted it as onDemand is an add-on to the self study course, which costs an *additional* 599.

Mike C