comptia/candidate ID

sujee27sujee27 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey i was just wondering do i have to both pass os and core to get a candidate ID because i just passed OS and it says ID pending, i'm guessing i have to finish CORE as well to get an id...?

Comments

• OpenSourceOpenSource Member Posts: 135
    sujee27 wrote:
    hey i was just wondering do i have to both pass os and core to get a candidate ID because i just passed OS and it says ID pending, i'm guessing i have to finish CORE as well to get an id...?

Not quite sure what you mean, but you have to pass both the Core Hardware and Core OS exams to be truly CompTIA A+ Certified.

- Joey
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Since the term is CANDIDATE, I suspect attempting one test would get you an ID. It may be pending because you just took the test, so you haven't been processed for an ID yet.

Now if they had a Certification ID that was different from the candidate ID, then you would get that once you passed both exams and got your A+ cert.
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Look on the exam score report you got from the testing center. I believe your ID is on there. If you sat for a test, you have an ID. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • sujee27sujee27 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    that is where it says id pending... i think its because i did not show 2 pieces of ID, what do you think?
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    that's a new one on me. I'd say give compTIA a call. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    sujee27 wrote:
    that is where it says id pending... i think its because i did not show 2 pieces of ID, what do you think?

Then it sounds like your test center didn't follow protocol if they let you in without two forms of ID.

Your exam sheet will show your ID. Without passing both A+ exams you would not be considered "Certified' but certainly each candidate receives a number to track their history by.

It can take a day or two before the scores get associated with your ID, if you are looking on-line, hence the 'pending'

Your best bet for absolute clarity would be to contact Vue or Prometric (the one you took your exam with) and verify things with them. I think there may be some confusion with 'terms' at this point so they'll have your infomration and can tell you how to interpret it.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The Canidate ID definitely comes from the testing service VUE or Prometric. It has to be converted into a CompTIA ID which starts with COMPnnnnnnn. I know this because it used to be a problem if you split the A+ exams between testing services. I helped June Keszeg troubleshoot that problem years ago and I still have two canidate ID's in my records linked to my CompTIA cert ID. Their old database program could not handle this and they had to rewrite the code to allow for it.

That the COMPnnnnn ID gets created with the first test report but I believe it still takes human interaction. July and August is a big vacation time in the Chicago area where CompTIA is headquartered.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I believe the Candidate ID will be 'pending' if its your first time writing a comptia exam, and your center didnt require appointment booking.

At least that was the case when I got my core exam for A+. When I went back to write the OS component, it was fine and I had the ID.

Make sure you use the SAME phone number both though, I had to call Comptia and Pearson Vue because I had used different phone numbers and it created two IDs for me.

Cheers!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    TheShadow wrote:
    July and August is a big vacation time in the Chicago area...
    Somewhere in there they have both days of Summer. You're lucky when they fall on a weekend.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yes although I have not lived in Chicago for over 30 years my parents and siblings are there. I remember never planning anything for the week end and if the sun chose to stay out you hurried up and planned something. Stupid lake Michigan weather patterns icon_wink.gif
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO