Options

Stopping LIFE to pursue CCIE Lab

Comments

• Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Depending on how big the initial topology will be for the configuration section, you won't be able to do a sanity check and see what is already configured. Removing FR means they will have to implement something to simulate NBMA networks like PVLAN's or DMVPN's. This means that we will have to learn to work with and around these if needed. Also, the Diagnostic section and the movable timeframe that we get in V5 will defintely have an impact on the approach. I see some of these points in our favor and some against but, in my opinion, the overall strategy to the v5 will be different than what is required to pass v4.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    How are you going with this Kim? Havent seen you post on your blog or here, stay around!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Hey guys. I want to let you know that I passed CCIE Wireless the 2nd attempt. Last time I failed RS, I ran out of dates at SJ, RTP and canada. The closest was Australia so I quit RS and jumped into Wireless right away since wireless was the only technology I am exposed to at work. I only slept 3hrs a day to study and lab. I used everything i learned from RS and its journey to Wireless. After pushing myself so hard, it paid off. To everyone that is pushing it, dont give up. Get that number. You will feel defeat so many times but NEVER give up.

Thanks to everyone that helped me and influenced me here.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! You deserve it man. Good to see you back on here.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    That's amazing. Congratulations.
  • Options
    jamesp1983 wrote: »
    Congratulations! You deserve it man. Good to see you back on here.

you are next
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Congats! A hard working man for sure :)
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    Congrats!

thank you! are you going for it soon?
  • Options
    reaper81 wrote: »
    Congats! A hard working man for sure :)

thanks daniel! I hope everything is bright in your side! I can finally sleep
  • Options
    Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Ninja!

I considered switching to CCIE security many times but I keep on telling myself I'm close but it never ends. How long have you been studying for the wireless?
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Options
    Sa'ad wrote: »
    Congrats Ninja!

I considered switching to CCIE security many times but I keep on telling myself I'm close but it never ends. How long have you been studying for the wireless?
    8 months. At the same time. I deal with Wireless at work everyday. Dont EVER give up.

If your gut is telling you to go to sec then do it. The goal is to get the number so you have return of investment.
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lets see those digits :>?
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Congrats NOC!! CCIE-W that is awesome, that is definitely not as common as CCIE-RS!

Glad to see you knock it out!!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    broli720 wrote: »
    Lets see those digits :>?
    four 4 four 3 eight
  • Options
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    Congrats NOC!! CCIE-W that is awesome, that is definitely not as common as CCIE-RS!

Glad to see you knock it out!!

Thank you Steve! I hope everything is well in your side. When are u going for the lab?
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    3 hours of sleep a day!??

If I did that then I could the whole CCNP done in a 2-3 weeks maximum...

Do you work 'NOC' or actual network maintenance / engineering?
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Thank you Steve! I hope everything is well in your side. When are u going for the lab?

Not too sure, I changed jobs over a year ago and I've been very Data Center focused for most of that time. So I've pretty much started fresh with the DC track back in Nov/Dec last year.

It's tough to stay up on R/S since I've left MSP realm and I'm not doing routing all day/everyday.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the words of encouragement NOC. By the way there is no tcp/udp port 44438, its unassigned, you should probably get that number assigned to you tcp/upd 44438 = NOC-NINJA. LOL.
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Options
    xnx wrote: »
    3 hours of sleep a day!??

If I did that then I could the whole CCNP done in a 2-3 weeks maximum...

Do you work 'NOC' or actual network maintenance / engineering?
    NOC
    We do EVERYTHING. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You DA MAN for sticking it out mate. And I believe the CCIE: Wireless is a rarer cert, all the better! Awesome work Kim!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Congratulations mate! Are you planning on a 2nd CCIE in the near future?
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Can you comment on how you studied for CCIE : W? I was looking at Narbik's bootcamp review somewhere, and it linked to your page, which was inactive at the time - maybe a week or two ago.
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats sir. Definitely an impressive achievement. Wear those digits proudly!
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations, well deserved.

What is the goal of the wireless lab? It's probably an obvious answer though lol

Guessing you configure WLCs and some wired stuff to support it?
  • Options
    ande0255 wrote: »
    Can you comment on how you studied for CCIE : W? I was looking at Narbik's bootcamp review somewhere, and it linked to your page, which was inactive at the time - maybe a week or two ago.
    Check the blueprint. Buy workbooks IPexpert or fastlane. I have a friend that bought it already so it wasnt bad for me. Build the lab. In my case, I bought all the hardware and installed the software in VM's. I shutdown the website since I dont have time to update it. EDIT: Here is my home lab.
  • Options
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Congratulations, well deserved.

What is the goal of the wireless lab? It's probably an obvious answer though lol

Guessing you configure WLCs and some wired stuff to support it?

Configure WLC, AP's, router and switches, ACS, WCS, and MSE.
  • Options
    lrb wrote: »
    Congratulations mate! Are you planning on a 2nd CCIE in the near future?

Not sure yet. Im waiting for a little bit of ROI at work.
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    You DA MAN for sticking it out mate. And I believe the CCIE: Wireless is a rarer cert, all the better! Awesome work Kim!
    Thanks bro. I know you've been cheering for me this whole time. I hope the best for you. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    It probably goes without saying but congrats NOC, I read through this entire thread some time ago after you stopped updating for about 6 months, glad to see you finally achieved a CCIE number!

Out of curiosity, did the Wireless CCIE incorporate a good amount of your R/S studies, or was it closer to starting entirely over in studies from a reading / labbing perspective?