Need advice on MTA 98-367

BreedloveBreedlove Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am going to take the test next week. I have been studying the Microsoft Official Academic Course book and I have been using the quizlet.com flash cards. Will this be enough? I already have my Security Plus, will that help me any on 98-367?

Comments

• LauraMalaveLauraMalave Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you are up to date on your Security+ knowledge you should have no problem passing MTA Security Fundamentals.

The Microsoft Virtual Academy has a course for MTA Security.

If you feel you need additional refreshers this may be helpful.
  • MCP2000MCP2000 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The MOAC is enough to pass but if you want to feel confident. The MVA study material LauraMalave recommended will do the trick as well as CBT Nuggets videos. All I used to pass was the Sybex study guide by Darril Gibson.
  • BreedloveBreedlove Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I will check out MVA this afternoon. Gonna try and go take the test Wens.
  • Tom239Tom239 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My advice, don't go into this exam thinking it's super easy because it's an MTA. For sure it's easier than security+ but the hardest if the MTA exams without a doubt!!
    PASSED!!!!!!!icon_cheers.gif The test was a lot easier than I thought it would be. The only hangups I had was the questions about Bitlocker. Other than those I thought it was a pretty good test.
  • Tom239Tom239 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! icon_cheers.gif Me too, just scored 83 ;) Was kind of easy but all good. Some specific questions that were pretty tricky... Now I might go for a more meaty exam than MTA's. Anyone done the server admin MTA? Is it good.
    I took MTA Server Fundamentals and failed it by 3 points. I studied the Official Microsoft guide for it and was so ill prepared it was not even funny. I know 2 other people that took it and they agreed with me when I said that I did not feel like it was a "fundamentals" test. I think if you studied for the 70-680 test you would be fine because it goes into more detail.

I had to take an MTA to meet a job requirement and now that I have met it I am moving on to something else. No more MTAs for me. Linux Plus is next on my list.
  • MCP2000MCP2000 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • cemen777cemen777 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! You Rock!