Taking Network+ this weekend

markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
I was using the CompTIA Sybex Review guide along with all of Professor' Messer's videos. Both of them followed the Network+ Objectives to the 'T'. Since I'm in WGU, I had to take the LabSim practice test and score a 90% in order to get the voucher so that took me a few tries. I'm hoping this is all enough. Started studying a week ago from yesterday and put in a good 30 hours of study time.

Hopefully I can pass this and then go right into my CCNA.

Comments

• TalonizeTalonize Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Best of luck wit the exam.

I am am taking it myself at the end of this months. I'm reading the exam cram and started looking into prof messer vids. Are the prof messer vids really required or can I just use the exam cram as my lone source? Thanks!
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Removed unnecessary quote

I haven't used the exam cram so I cannot say one way or another.

Like any CompTIA cert though, if you look at the objectives on their website and you feel the material gives you a good understanding of all those topics, you will probably be good. I used Prof Messer as a supplement in my Security+ and it helped me pass that.
  • OhsupOhsup Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Justin- wrote: »
    Best of luck wit the exam.

I am taking it myself at the end of this months. I'm reading the exam cram and started looking into prof messer vids. Are the prof messer vids really required or can I just use the exam cram as my lone source? Thanks!

I would say either way use 2 sources. You get a different perspective, and reinforce what you already know. I used 2 books, and a few of the videos from Mr Messer. If you learn more reading like me then just read. I did buy his $10 study guide for quick reviews. I was way over prepared though, ended up walking through the test with ease. It was relaxing when I was reviewing my answers with 30 minutes left. Highly recommend using 2 sources.
    I passed with a 797. Only networking experience was at my home and remote troubleshooting on a user's PC. Not a bad score for less than 2 weeks of study.
  • ElitisElitis Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz, that's a great score. I think that's the same score I got on my 801 exam. How well did you feel you understood everything going in? Any real trouble with anything? I've been going through TestOut and Mike Meyer's book for the Net+ since June, and was planning to take it around September. I think I've got a pretty good understanding of most of it, but there are some pain points I want to go over. How many questions did you have on WAN technology?
    Elitis wrote: »
    Congratz, that's a great score. I think that's the same score I got on my 801 exam. How well did you feel you understood everything going in? Any real trouble with anything? I've been going through TestOut and Mike Meyer's book for the Net+ since June, and was planning to take it around September. I think I've got a pretty good understanding of most of it, but there are some pain points I want to go over. How many questions did you have on WAN technology?
    I think there were only a couple questions on WAN. Maybe 5.

I felt super confident. After going through the practice tests on Ucerify and Labsim, going through the objectives, I knew I would pass it. It's the field I want to be in so I'm sure part of that helped. The only things that threw me off was the wording of some of the questions.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Quick turn around from studying to passing! ;)
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□