SSCP - Passed Today - 08-09-2014

SuperISSOSuperISSO Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
The spiritual materials I used:
  • Praying to GOD and having others pray for me
  • Bible reading

The SSCP materials I used:
  • Darril Gibson's SSCP Study Guide
  • SSCP CBOK
  • SSCP Study course online (Skillport/Skillsoft Enterprise Solutions)
  • CCCure questions
  • cram questions
Hand-On Materials Used

• Juniper STRM IDS Log Correlation
  • FIPS, NIST SP, OBM, HSPD-12, etc.
  • Created documentation at work including ATO, Business Impact Analysis Contingency Plan, Backup Plans, Incident Response Plans

The test was very hard. I finished the test with at least 50 minutes remaining. It took me 10 minutes to review the results of the test because I was scared to check it.

I passed the test today and will be a SSCP soon.

Comments

• WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    Congrats! Must be nice to get the score immediately following the exam! Are you planning on working on CISSP now since you have some of the knowledge already or looking for a different type of challenge?
  • jonwinterburnjonwinterburn Member Posts: 161 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • SuperISSOSuperISSO Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, I'm taking the CASP next. This is more tuned to the work that I do. I'll keep studying toward the CISSP, but its not a priority at this time. I moved the test date back to October 11, 2014 for the CASP.

CEH and CAP will most likely be my last security certs. I'm going back to Cisco stuff after those.
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How much time did you spend studying?
  • SuperISSOSuperISSO Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was studying for the CISSP & CASP off and on for about 6 months (7 hours per week due to having kids and a busy life). I kept taking practice tests, but not doing good on the CISSP ones. About 4 months ago, I decided to do the SSCP instead because I took a practice test and did good on it. I averaged about 11 hours per week for about 3 -4 month of study.

Keep in mind I have 11 years of IT experience so take the above info with grain of salt. Don't underestimate this exam and make sure that you practice testing your theory using diff. practice test.

The best resource that I used was the Skillport/Skillsoft video with final practice exam. However, the other resources were great as well.
  • abyssinicaabyssinica Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and yes even in a very hard test, you know the Almighty will make a way for you. And you will be shocked when you pass with a better result than expected.