What are best online videos for LX0-101 and LX0-102

I started watching the LX0-101 videos from trainsignal (now pluralsight) while it has some great information alot of the commands aren't used in the current versions of fedora or ubuntu.

What do you guys recommend is the best video resource to use?

I started reading the Comptia Linux+ by Roderick. I found it funny when he referred to a malicious attacker as a local miscreant sounds like he's been through his own battles lol.

Comments

• Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Search for "linux academy" on Online Courses - Anytime, Anywhere | Udemy - they are what I used and found them to be great.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • sasnimrodsasnimrod Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    +1 for Linux Academy. If you can afford to take a subscription, they are the best option.

Urban Penguin is free and there are some great videos/tutorials regarding this exam: LPIC-1
  • The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    The CBT Nugget videos are pretty good as well...
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • Larryo61Larryo61 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'll vouch for Linux Academy. I just passed the LX-01-101 after taking their course online. The subscription price is really affordable at $25 a month and the material is comprehensive and the videos informative and easy to follow. If you have a question, the instructors are very responsive.

I have found CBT Nugget videos well done, too. Shawn Powers does a great job with those.

As a side note, I took a Linux college course and the biggest problem I encountered was that 5 percent of the class dominated 95 percent of the instructor's time. Online allows you to digest everything at your pace.
  • PrefluxPreflux Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd go with CBT Nuggets or Linux Academy 100%.

I've used both and I'm more of a fan of CBT Nuggets at the moment as I find the videos easier to follow and a lot more clear at some chapters. icon_thumright.gif
  • CagePotanCagePotan Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've used the CBT Nuggets one. I think it's worth the money.
  • ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CBT nuggets can't go wrong with Shawn Powers he is a decent instructor
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm a big fan of Shawn as well. He is what I would consider a "teacher". There are training videos by other experts in the field such as Michael Jang (who is absolutely brilliant), but I feel the approach Shawn takes really helps the learning process and almost lets you forget how dry the subject matter is.
  • APLAPL Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sasnimrod: "Urban Penguin is free and there are some great videos/tutorials regarding this exam .. "

Seconded.

There are some good materials at Penguin tutor too.
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    cee134 wrote: »

Except Professor Messer never finished the series. His videos are great, but he just stops right in the middle of LX101.....

Can't go wrong with the Urban Penguin, especially since his videos are free, clear, and concise.