Passed ITIL Foundation cert yaaayy

newgraduatenewgraduate Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey guys passed the ITIL foundation cert
Resources used:
CBT nuggets
and ITIL book by liz gardener

very informative and helpful

how do i check the percentage i received for the test?. on my pearson vue exam history it just says pass on exam result

Thanks

Comments

• Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    Congrats! I'll be taking it in a few weeks. How long did you study?
  • newgraduatenewgraduate Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I studied for 1 week, just so i can understand the concepts. Good luck for your exam
  • TheChameleonTheChameleon Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I received a print-out after my exam with the percentages.

If you still want to know, you have to get an account on exin.com (don't worry if when directs to exin.nl on login). Once you have a login, access through "MyLogin" which will open a new window. Then you have "Exams and Results" > "My Exams" > "Coaching Report".

hey guys passed the ITIL foundation cert
    Resources used:
    CBT nuggets
    and ITIL book by liz gardener

very informative and helpful

how do i check the percentage i received for the test?. on my pearson vue exam history it just says pass on exam result

Thanks
  • daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Looks like this will be my next cert study as well.
    I studied off and on for a month and a half (was studying for other exams though), it was pretty rough, almost as bad as Project+. In the end there are some good concepts in the framework that can be applied to business. I would say a core amount of study was 1-2 solid weeks 2-4 hours a day.

There is quite a bit of material to cover, the concepts are dry and all condensed down to a 45 question test. The good part is that the pass percent is low but I was going for 100% and scored pretty high. I think I know the ones I missed that I changed the answer last minute. I used a combination of online Skillsoft training, painfully used the Syllabus with a borrowed copy of the ITIL books. I did lookup the Liz book which does a really good job of pulling out the Syllabus content. I saw a sample chapter and I would have preferred going that route.

I also found a really good chart that was helpful and you should study. It is mind numbing though but paired with your study it will slowly start to make sense.

http://itiltrainingzone.com/free-resources/itil-on-a-page

You also have their new latest mind map: http://itil.ittraininggzonel.netdna-cdn.com/images/pdfs/ITIL_2011_Mind_Maps.pdf

• newgraduatenewgraduate Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I received a print-out after my exam with the percentages.

If you still want to know, you have to get an account on exin.com (don't worry if when directs to exin.nl on login). Once you have a login, access through "MyLogin" which will open a new window. Then you have "Exams and Results" > "My Exams" > "Coaching Report".

i booked the exam thru pearson vue BCS . is there a way to check with them?
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi TheChameleon

Glad you found our free resources useful! The V3 at a Glance download you've put is out of date now - you can find the lastest version (a bit more streamlined too!) here: ITIL on a Page

Claire
    Claire,

Yes, Thanks for this, it was very helpful. The download helped me get my brain wrapped around all the concepts and actually helpful for the test to understand what is done where. I actually prefer the longer version of your "At A Glance" from a business perspective since there are more specifics and the new one a good condensed version for study review. For anyone reading for tips, I was say start out with the short version of the "At A Glance" that Claire provided and end your study with the detailed older version.

After doing the mind-numbing Skillsoft course and plugging away at our ITIL books with the Syllabus for a couple weeks going back and forth, I thought, you know let me look for these "books" that everyone was talking about. I did review the sample chapters of your book as well which was very good.

In the end I would have preferred to have a study guide book that pulled all the syllabus content. I can say that it takes a special person(s) to compact and organize the ITIL content and write a book that is easy to read and learn from.

Hi TheChameleon

Glad you found our free resources useful! The V3 at a Glance download you've put is out of date now - you can find the lastest version (a bit more streamlined too!) here: ITIL on a Page

Claire
  • dangtran09dangtran09 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    " ITIL book by liz gardener". i can't find this book anywhere. can you help me with a link? thanks
  • GroompahGroompah Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dangtran09 wrote: »
    " ITIL book by liz gardener". i can't find this book anywhere. can you help me with a link? thanks

ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide: Liz Gallacher, Helen Morris: 9781119942757: Amazon.com: Books
  • zcarenowzcarenow Member Posts: 110
    Just curious, how do you guys list the certification on your resume? I've seen some coworkers just list it as "ITIL 2011" or "ITIL v3" on their resume after passing the foundation exam...don't you need to also add the license #?
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi zcarenow

It's normal to put ITIL Foundation certified - you can add if it's V3, 2011 etc. if you like to add some more information. License number isn't normally shown on a CV but you can provide a copy of your certificate or direct potential employers to the ITIL successful candidate register if you like.

Kind regards

Claire