Options

I need help....

EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am registered for the Sept CISA exams... but I am finding it extremely difficult to study...

I've got the Career Academy CISA CBT, CISA Review 2014 and the CISA exam review 2014... I just lost the desire to study for the exam.

I recently studied and passed the CISSP exams... so a considerable amount of those are still in my brain... I noticed there is a fair overlap with the CISA exam... Does anyone think taking a bootcamp nearer the exam would be enough to pass?

I am going to continue to study, albeit a struggle. At least do the exam database CD. I sincerely hope I am able to bury my head in the books in August.

Heeeeeeellllpppp.....!!!

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    for the CISA, I found the Q&A database to be invaluable.

As for motivation, imagine taking the funds you used to pay for the test, rolling them up, and lighting a cigar with them... that's pretty much what you're doing. :)
    EasyPeezy wrote: »
    I am registered for the Sept CISA exams... but I am finding it extremely difficult to study...

I've got the Career Academy CISA CBT, CISA Review 2014 and the CISA exam review 2014... I just lost the desire to study for the exam.

I recently studied and passed the CISSP exams... so a considerable amount of those are still in my brain... I noticed there is a fair overlap with the CISA exam... Does anyone think taking a bootcamp nearer the exam would be enough to pass?

I am going to continue to study, albeit a struggle. At least do the exam database CD. I sincerely hope I am able to bury my head in the books in August.

Heeeeeeellllpppp.....!!!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    packetlogpacketlog Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You have done CISSP. You can do CISA. Look at everything as an auditor would. What are the things an auditor would look for when doing a project, or making a business case, or implementing a firewall or file server, or reviewing coding environment?

CISA is not hard once you have done CISSP. And CISA is interesting, too. You have to learn how to properly implement a control, and review/critique how others have implemented controls. Always with the goal of helping the client improve their environment.
  • Options
    SecMan3000SecMan3000 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Focus on the auditing domains only. If you just passed the CISSP recently, you should be good for the rest.
  • Options
  • Options
    sandeep.torontosandeep.toronto Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I am sure you have come over your mental block and now studying hard for CISA exam.

I would like to ask you for some help with the study material. Following are the materials I am considering to buy:

1. CISA Review Manual 2014

2. CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2013

3. CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2014 Supplement

4. CISA Practice Question Database v14 Download

Can you please let me know which material should I buy from ISACA?

I would also greatly appreciate if you can share any material you may have for preparation.

At last, I wish you all the best for exam and future endeavours.

Regards,

Sam.
  • Options
    tst121tst121 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Sandeep,

CISA review manual and database should be enough. The questions in the database are there to test your understanding of the topics. That's all I have used for CISA and I have managed to pass.
  • Options
    Sandeep,

Yes I have the Review Manual 2014 and now doing the CISA Practice question database v14. Thanks.

All you need is the 2014 Review Manual and the v14 Question database. The v14 database contains all the other questions in all previous databases and supplements.