failed CCNA, advice needed

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
Few weeks ago I failed CCNA 640-801 with a marke of 696 I got somewhat disappointed as I had studied hard, I used Todd Lammle's book, used simrouter AND I know networking as I went to college to study it for one year.

Now I'm thinking to take the exam in two parts: 640-821 (INTRO)
and 640-811 (ICND). Should I do that or should I study more and take 640-801 again? I am two minded on this and I really need your advice. Of course it's different for everyone, but give me your ideas.

I really need a CCNA.

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Why do you "really need a CCNA"?

If you really need it that badly, then you need to invest the time and money to get some hands on with the equipment. Classes, Cisco academy, buying routers second-hand, whatever it takes. Being a book CCNA doesn't mean too much.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    I need a CCNA for a job,
    Being a book CCNA doesn't mean too much.

You're right, after all, once they give you a job, they won't give you a book read, they will give you equipment :)