Self service portal

brewoz40brewoz40 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is it possible to setup the self service site so users can unlock/reset account/password without having an Access Gateway. We have a xenapp 6 environment and use WI 5.3. Also, is there any reason that we should upgrade to WI 5.4, aside from appearance of the login screen?

Comments

• xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I've never configured that functionality myself, but a quick google/citrix search seems to indicate that you need an AG.

If you're looking to upgrade from WI, I would go ahead and look at Storefront. I know Citrix just extended support for WI several more years, but it's only because they can't tear people away from it as quickly as they'd like. Unless there's something about XA6/SF compatibility that I'm missing. I work more on the desktop side, so that's possible.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In the "Webinterface.conf" file located in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\MetaFrame\Conf on the WI server, locate the entries "AllowUserPasswordChange" & "AllowUserPasswordReset" and edit the same as shown below:

AllowUserPasswordChange=Always
    AllowUserPasswordReset=On

Make sure you remove the # symbol at the beginning of each entry.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • brewoz40brewoz40 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply and sorry for late reply. As far as I can tell, that edit will only work as long as you are using a Access Gateway, correct?
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you doing this for Internal only? If so then you will need a SSL certificate and do HTTPS. This is the only way to get the option.
    http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/web-interface-impington/wi-configure-account-self-service-gransden.html
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.