No Certification earned after passing 70-662?

edgar2387edgar2387 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi there mates,

I passed the 70-662 2 weeks ago, and I was told my support I would get at least the MCTS certification for passing. After 2 weeks of waiting, I call for status on certificate, and I was told I had to pass 70-663 as well?

If so that is fine. I had to do the same not too long ago when I was working in Desktop, and I had to pass the 70-680 and 70-685 to get MCITP.

In my case, I was not trying to get MCITP for exchange, just MCTS would of been fine since looking forward to working with Linux.

Comments

• edgar2387edgar2387 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Does it show up on your Microsoft transcript?
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When i took the Virtualization TS exam I had to contact support, in all it was a month after my test before it showed up in the MCP portal.
    @iBrokeIT yes its on my transcript, I was told by MCP support when I first started preparing for the 662 exam that I would earn MCTS, and when I called for status after 10 business days and no cert, I was told that I also had to pass the 70-663.
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    I earned an MCTS when I passed my 662 exam back in 2010. That was before Microsoft dropped the MCTS/MCITP and moved to the new MCSA/MCSE structure so perhaps they no longer award an MCTS at all.
    thanks guys, I went ahead and bought the 70-663 reference guide, and take the 70-663, no bad, it will be like when I passed the 70-680, and did not earn a cert until I passed the 70-685 on the desktop side, thus earning 3, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, so from what I understand that if I pass the 70-663, I will earn MCITP, by no means am I bummed out, but wanted to get away from MS for a little bit and go Unix, and VCP, guess I can put those plans on hold for a few weeks