Options

Passed!!!

sbucklandsbuckland Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the Exam this morning. 831/900. I for sure thought I was going to fail the test. Some of the questions seemed to be worded weird or unclear. But, I passed...With a pretty good score in my book. I have heard that there is a lot of overlap in network+ and security+. So that is where I am headed next.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    illuminusilluminus Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    TalonizeTalonize Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I had the exact same thoughts going through my mind as I was going through mine lol
  • Options
    BlueRozeBlueRoze Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! There is a lot of overlap from my experiance. You will want to brush up on some of the Security + details, but I was able to pass Sec+ with a lot of Net+ training (as an instructor, though I was still fairly new at it then) and reading about Sec+ for a couple of weeks. My school had a bunch of vouchers that were about to expire so they just told me to take it and I managed a pass. There was some studying though, I don't think you could pass it with only Net+ knowledge unless you work in a security job (which I do not).
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    LittlemadisonLittlemadison Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sbuckland,

What did you use to prepare for the certification?
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! Good luck on Security+ icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63