Good way of memorizing TCSEC & ITSEC?

ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
One of the only topics I am unable to get into my head icon_sad.gif, I do remember what each of the letters mean etc, but not in depth details.
for example, that object reuse is in C2.

any tips? icon_study.gif

Comments

• imthatguyimthatguy Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Upon speaking with my boot camp instructor, I learned (at least from his advice) that you should not be worried about memorizing the information within each level, but you should make sure you know the concepts, in order to differentiate between two very similar answers and provide the most appropriate control/answer to the "problem you are trying to solve" in the question. I was worried about the same exact thing, and he assured me that if you know the concepts, you should be okay (with a firm understanding of any applicable terms). We shall see when I take my exam on Saturday if he was right or not. icon_lol.gif
  • ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will appreciate if you could update this thread once you're over with the exam, without violating the NDA :)
  • EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you could remember it as it appears here... you should be fine.
    http://www.kilala.nl/Sysadmin/Images/CISSP_Summary_V1.1.pdf
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wouldn't stress over the levels too much. However, if you do want to stress over them, the technique that worked for me was just writing out a list of the key details for each level and memorizing it by rote.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I made a calculated decision to skip memorizing each individual level and instead learn what each program did.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No need for the memorization. Theory, theory, theory.