You ever see the movie Planes, Trains, and Automobiles?

ashernatanelashernatanel Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, that was pretty much what my day was like trying to take my Net+ today.

It included:

1. A car accident.
2. A (sort-of) fistfight.
3. Being chased by an unstable homeless man.
4. A train with broken emergency brakes that engaged at random times.
5. A connecting bus that was 40 minutes late.
6. Hitchhiking the last 2 miles.
7. A sprint to the testing center that resulted in me arriving 1 minute before their late arrival cutoff time.

By the time I sat down for the exam, I was pissed. I thought for sure I was done for. It got even worse as I felt there were a lot of questions that I didn't even recognize, and I struggled with the scenarios quite a bit. But I passed with an 850.

Maybe my anger worked in my favor? I was too grumpy to be nervous, and even with the things that were hard, I made my selection and moved on; I just wanted it all over and done with, without bothering to second-guess myself.

Comments

• Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Nice score!

What was the hardest part for you? And how difficult were the performance questions?

Justin
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree, that's an excellent score for someone who was in your scenario and for the exam as well, believe me I am no stranger to that kind of scenario I have experienced it a lot when I was in high school.

Any way congratulation your are now network+ certified!!! icon_wink.gif
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    dang dude. makin' memories! :)

Congrats on the pass!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to the forums! Congrats on your pass and nice score. What's next?
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    And I thought I was having a bad day. Congrats!
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I think stress actually helps sometimes, if you are otherwise prone to reading too much into each question (like I am). I do best when I don't have hours to worry about the test right before I take it.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • ashernatanelashernatanel Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Justin- wrote: »
    Nice score!

What was the hardest part for you? And how difficult were the performance questions?

Justin

The scenario questions were the hardest part for me. They seemed to be written a little strangely, and I had to read them over a number of times in order to be sure I understood what they were asking me. But in hindsight, they weren't as difficult as I had built them up in my imagination to be. The advice to save them for last did help. Cheers for that everyone.
    iBrokeIT wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums! Congrats on your pass and nice score. What's next?

I start a new semester at my community college on Monday. I'll be taking a class geared towards the Security+ exam, and an ethical hacking class. Also, French, since I need 12 units, and it'd be an easy A. :D

I plan on taking the Sec+ as soon as the semester is over. In Jan, I hope to transfer to WGU to get a BS - IT, Security. Oh, yeah, and to start looking for MY FIRST IT JOB!icon_cheers.gif (God willing.)